HFU HF Underground - Shortwave Pirate Radio Forums in North America and Around The World (And other stations that go bump in the night)
    New users are welcome! Please register for an account in order to post to the board.   Posting your logging here is the best way to get a QSL from a station. June 27, 2017, 0144 UTC *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can access the HF Underground wiki here: http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Main_Page as well as the Radio Hobbyist technical blog

Click here for the: Pirate Radio IRC Chat Java Client

Also the EuroPirate Chat

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HF__Underground

Home   Help Search Login Register  
     RF ToolBox     
   Antenna design and electronics/electrical tool package     

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the farthest station heard  (Read 4789 times)
Jari Finland

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 0950 UTC »

During sunspot maximum 1990-1992 Japanese FM stations were heard in Netherlands. I talked to one Dutch ham who did it. He has cassette recording somewhere if he only remembered where. (I know the feeling.)

Japanese FM naturally is 76-90 Mhz, making it somewhat "easier".

Finnish records on western FM are China and India heard by Markku Sollo.
Matt_B

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 0524 UTC »

Caught a station in Rhode Island once from central Fairfield County, CT...."Cat Country" I think. 

Matt Boland
Southwestern CT
Owner/Operator, "Radio Free Connecticut"
PS4: JupBol16
OZDXer

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 0143 UTC »

On a SDR in France, recently heard was a station in Eastern Turkey, close to the Syrian border.  Just short of 3000km, double hop Sporadic-E

87.5 Pal Nostalji.  SDR displayed PI code and 'NOSTALJI'.  I have a screenshot !

eQSL's welcome !  david667@optusnet.com.au
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
     ACARS     
   iPhone/iPad/iPod app to decode ACARS aircraft transmissions     

Jump to: