We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: No-no on WFED 1500am 0035 UTC 31 August 2016  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
No-no on WFED 1500am 0035 UTC 31 August 2016
« on: August 31, 2016, 0038 UTC »
This station should be blanketing much of the eastern US, excellent reception here.  After five innings, Max Scherzer has only allowed a walk to the Phillies.

0040z OM "3-0 Nationals top of 6th."
0043z I guess it's bad luck to write about it.  OM "and it's gonna get down and Scherzer allows his first hit"

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 0044 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
Re: No-no on WFED 1500am 0035 UTC 31 August 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 2110 UTC »
I just read this for the first time.  I'm late, oops!  When I saw 'no-no', I figured somebody swore on air or something.  Wrong kind of no-no, I guess!  :) 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 1919 UTC »
This is one station that is absolutely impossible for me to get. I have a local 50kW station (KSTP) with a night pattern to the west (and I'm west of 'em). I've tried to null, but just can't effectively do it.

Chanter, can you get WFED? From what I've heard, when KSTP switches to the night pattern, very little in WI can get their signal (which has upset listeners over in WI for many years, especially when they weren't all sports, all the time).

Minneapolis, MN

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 0649 UTC »
I am late late laaaaate responding to this, but I literally *just* spotted it.  Sorry about that!  As for this station, nope, I've never managed it.  Depending on the receiver I use, I get either a muddle of different stations or splash from a local on 1480 that I swear is cheating to a ridiculous degree... 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns