We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Ricky  (Read 3235 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Ricky
« on: September 03, 2016, 2012 UTC »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ricky
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 1611 UTC »
Indeed! Meet Rikki Ducornet....and yes, she lost the number :D
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 2007 UTC »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 2119 UTC »
I'm Never Going Back to My Old School
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 0031 UTC »

So that's why they never covered "Babalu"?

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 0238 UTC »
So that's why they never covered "Babalu"?

Biscayne Bay, Where the Cuban Gentlemen Sleep All Day

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 1409 UTC »
"I say boom chica boom, boom chica boom, boom chica boom"

The actual Cuban Pete died a couple of years back. How did that one get past Al?

When I was about nine we stopped in Little Havana on vacation.  I heard the song playing and chimed in. The locals thought it was funny, but my Aunt thought differently. She slapped me in the back of the head and whispered sternly, "Do you want to get us killed?"

I think she was still traumatized by the cross country train trip when she brought me back from Los Angeles to live with my Grandparents a couple of years before? Must have been all the tunnels and curves coming through the Rockies. I tried to comfort here by showing her my Superman run, blasting through the automatic doors Hell bent for leather from one end of that train to the other, but even that didn't help. She was naturally high strung. She kept telling the conductors every time I did it, "He's not mine, he's not mine." Well, duh. We didn't look a thing alike.

That Florida tip was was a cool, I saw the hairiest human being I've ever seen in Key West. He resembled the Dos Equis guy, wore nothing but white speedo's, a white captains hat and flip-flops. He shaved down to the base of his neck, the rest of him was covered in thick mat of curly hair the same color as the hair on his head. I hoped to grow up to that hairy, you know how the chicks love it, but it didn't happen. Moderately hairy but not Aran sweater hairy like that guy. We can't have everything.

The Aunt was still up to her old nefarious tricks. We were at a gator viewing platform in the Everglades. There was big sign that said not to feed or throw things at the alligators. The Aunt wanted a pic of a big alligator with it's jaws open and encouraged me to pelt one with rocks. I was perplexed, obey federal law or hear about it from the Aunt all the way home? As she did our cooking at home by then, my Grandmother had died, I had to go with my stomach.

I started pelting that gator for all I was worth, but in south Florida good rocks are rare, I had to use hunks of wood. Almost immediately I heard a stern voice say, "Get that kid under control, lady, or we'll ban you from the park!" It was the ranger. What did I hear in response, "He's not mine! He's not mine!" Mom bopped her with a shoe when we got back in the car with a threat I can't repeat here in case there are kiddies reading.

That was a great trip. The real Florida, before Disney ruined it and South Beach was still a place where the old New Yorkers came to die.

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2016, 1436 UTC »
Lucy, I'm home!  Have you seen my fez?

You know I'm not gonna do it without my fez on.
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 0239 UTC »
The man smoked 20 double coronas a day, had more women than the Sultan of Brunei, revolutionized TV production, yet lied about his height all his life. Odd. He claimed to be six feet, but the 5'7" Lucy towered over him in flats. He made the  "Cuban heel" popular for short guys worldwide.

He was in the first stages of cancer and dog sick when he absolutely brought the house down on SNL, making the house band look like a garage band trying to keep up with him. When he cried out "Bababalu Aye" he was calling down the old gods down to get the crowds frenzied. He was a force of nature. RIP Desi, we won't see the likes of you again.

Offline atrainradio

• Ask your doctor if shortwave is right for you
  • Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 0315 UTC »
Skipmuck I envy your scrolling signature.
QTH, New Jersey, America's landfill
Tecsun PL-990 W/ Extendable Whip Antenna