We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The Solar Cycle 24 Consensus Prediction (from NOAA et al)  (Read 853 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Solar Cycle 24 Consensus Prediction (from NOAA et al)
« on: September 11, 2016, 1357 UTC »
This is a 15 page document that I figured some of you might want to read.  My biggest question is... Why didn't they ask us what the hell is going on.   :-\

Please give a comment on this one... (as he said with that stupid grin when he suspects something is wrong)

"The Panel is today releasing
predictions for

The impending solar minimum

Marking onset of Cycle 24

Provided basis for the other predictions

The peak sunspot number expected for
Cycle 24

The time of the peak sunspot number

What follows is the consensus of the panel"

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/sites/default/files/images/u2/Solar%20Cycle%20Progression%20and%20Prediction.pdf

SO?  What do you think?  Are our tax dollars working for us with the computer projections?

Keep in mind the theory of Chaos ...    :P

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 1359 UTC by ka1iic »
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!