We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: KIFM is building a transmitter in Nevada  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Oliver

• DX Legend
  • Germany
    • View Profile
    • Email
KIFM is building a transmitter in Nevada
« on: September 12, 2016, 1622 UTC »
From IMF (International Missions Fellowship) website:
http://www.imfworldmissions.org/?page_id=45

Our direction in Radio ministry here at IMF is simply an extension of our vision to reach remote areas of the world with the Gospel, to bring them the Full Gospel and End Time Message of the soon coming of the Lord. We are a Missionary/Evangelistic and Church Planting ministry, but radio is one of the tools we have been given to help accomplish this vision. We are busy building a network of primarily AM and International Shortwave stations. We use this medium because AM and Shortwave Frequencies reach over mountains, into valleys, up long rivers, and into remote jungles and villages where unreached or under evangelized people live. We can be heard world-wide by those with shortwave receivers (there is more than 1 Billion Shortwave Receivers in the world), but we also want to provide fixed tuned handheld solar powered receivers which can be given or dropped into remote villages so they can hear the Gospel and be discipled by the teaching. Every person in the world must hear the end-time message of “Get ready for the coming of the Lord” and Revival!

We have built radio stations in Honduras (www.radiomi.com), Central America (Radio MI on AM, Shortwave, and the web. They are heard locally in Central America and in many other nations. IMF helped build this station many years ago.

In the USA we have purchased a property near Battle Mountain, NV where we are working to build a powerful Shortwave Station which will be beamed at Mexico and Asia. It can be heard also in North America. We plan to build more stations after this. We have also just built a radio control center and small studio in Corona, CA to send programs to these transmitters via satellite/internet. It is now in operation. You can hear KIMF by clicking on the IMF Missionary Radio link below.

RX: Elad FDM-S2, Grundig Satellit 700
Ant.: HDLA 3 (Active Loop)@315°, EWE @270°, ALA 100LN, MiniWhip
QTH: JO31 (Germany)

Please send eqsl to: oliverinusa[at]yahoo.de

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: KIFM is building a transmitter in Nevada
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 1946 UTC »
Good enough, just as long as they don't broadcast Brother Stier...

Can You say blechhhh
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 2017 UTC »
Good enough, just as long as they don't broadcast Brother Stier...

Can You say blechhhh

I don't think Brother Stair can abide an American SWBC station that isn't carrying his voice. He'd probably offer to record the time messages for WWV just to be on that transmitter as well.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline EliteData

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 2041 UTC »
Philip Stair will jump on this opportunity as soon as its available.
hes been looking for a station on the west coast to preach his spoken doomsday words.

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 2207 UTC »
...so they can hear the Gospel and be discipled by the teaching. Every person in the world must hear the end-time message of “Get ready for the coming of the Lord” and Revival!

And let the brainwashing and self-hating begin!

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 1503 UTC »
...self hating?  Well beat myself with a sardine...

Oh BTW... pass the 151 rum OK?

Praise Bob and pass the bottle...
73 Vince
KA1IIC

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 0306 UTC »
I say power to them, if they can pull it off. HF airwaves are getting more and more vacant by the year. Someone may as well be using them. Nothing else can seem to sustain itself monetarily anymore -- sad but true (pirate stations excerpted, of course).

Looks like these broadcasts will be in Spanish. I've heard of the single channel, solar powered radios. Some missionary organization distributes them in South America.
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 1849 UTC »
Wait!!!  I just figured out that Brother Stair doesn't speak Spanish...  So why can't I understand a damned word he says?   Must be the BS filters inside my head are working properly.... Yeahhhhh!!  Works for me folks...

I love it when a plan comes together!!!  ::)

BS filters work for me so everyone should have one installed!  Get inside your head...  :P

Later all.

Have a good day and a better tomorrow!
73 Vince
KA1IIC

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 2123 UTC »
I've heard of those so-called fixed frequency radios distributed by certain missionary groups.  Frankly, that infuriates the heck out of me.  Way to hold intended converts unfairly in thrall.  Yecch!  If I had the resources and the know-how, I'd happily assist in the un-fixing of a few fixed frequency receivers, if the owners of same so desired.  Gah, the injustice wrapped in faux righteousness of that one really gets up my schnoz! 

As for Brother Scare/Stair, BS filters+missing chompers=one impossible to understand hatemonger.  Smirk! 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 1456 UTC »
I've heard of those so-called fixed frequency radios distributed by certain missionary groups.  Frankly, that infuriates the heck out of me.  Way to hold intended converts unfairly in thrall.  Yecch!  If I had the resources and the know-how, I'd happily assist in the un-fixing of a few fixed frequency receivers, if the owners of same so desired.  Gah, the injustice wrapped in faux righteousness of that one really gets up my schnoz! 

As for Brother Scare/Stair, BS filters+missing chompers=one impossible to understand hatemonger.  Smirk! 

Fixed frequency radios?  Gahhhhh!

Time to proto a tunable frequency converter for those things...
73 Vince
KA1IIC

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 0427 UTC »
When I first heard of the fixed frequency radios I thought to myself: 'what happens when the station goes off the air, or changes frequency?'

The radios look like a small transistor with solar panel on the back, and they have a USB, presumably used for programming frequencies, and the radios have nine programmable stations. Looks like a small radio with no dial, just a couple buttons on the front. Probably has a SiLabs chip inside.

It looks like some religious stations in third world countries give them out to their listeners for free so people can listen to their station in areas with marginal or non-existent electric power.

Offline EliteData

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 1722 UTC »
When I first heard of the fixed frequency radios I thought to myself: 'what happens when the station goes off the air, or changes frequency?'

The radios look like a small transistor with solar panel on the back, and they have a USB, presumably used for programming frequencies, and the radios have nine programmable stations. Looks like a small radio with no dial, just a couple buttons on the front. Probably has a SiLabs chip inside.

It looks like some religious stations in third world countries give them out to their listeners for free so people can listen to their station in areas with marginal or non-existent electric power.

what a clever way to corner the "market".
"listen to us or listen to nothing"

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 1541 UTC »

what a clever way to corner the "market".
"listen to us or listen to nothing"

ER... yes, and no.

They're the ones spending money on the radios and giving them out for free. I would think they have a right to have the single channel installed if they so want.

It's no different than handing out free religious tracts. Just a high tech version. If the recipient doesn't like it, they can always throw it away.

I would think that in many of these countries there are plenty of transistor radios available for people to listen to other stations if they want.

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2016, 2027 UTC »
Interesting, as long as Brother Scare doesn't brainwash us with his ranting i will listen to this station..
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 2113 UTC »
Too bad that F isn't a P
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns