We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Hacking Wireless Tire-Pressure Monitoring Systems  (Read 2104 times)

Fansome

Hacking Wireless Tire-Pressure Monitoring Systems
« on: September 17, 2016, 0010 UTC »
It's time that this board returned to its roots: the discussion of timely issues of great importance to the radio community:

https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2016/09/hacking_wireles.html

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Hacking Wireless Tire-Pressure Monitoring Systems
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 0405 UTC »
Al, get the ip's and addresses of those people in the comments. It's time to put the 15 gallon Throne of Justice in the Winnebago of Doom and administer mass swirly's upon them. With the anti-bull..er.. anti-nerd reprogramming edicts enacted in our schools over the past three decades the inmates are running the asylum. Just bringing back dodgeball to establish a simple pecking order would cut this stuff in half overnight. A kid looking for Pokemon on his phone? "Kerwham!" a soccer ball to the side of the head shattering his phone and rattling his brains would end that foolishness on the spot.

As my HS vice principal used to tell me every morning before sending me out to do my duty, "A swirly a day keeps the geeks at bay." He was a wise and noble man. He had a technique for Indian burns that would hurt for half a semester.

Offline atrainradio

• Ask your doctor if shortwave is right for you
  • Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 0418 UTC »
My HS vice principle was rumored to only have one testicle.
QTH, New Jersey, America's landfill
Tecsun PL-990 W/ Extendable Whip Antenna

Fansome

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 0610 UTC »
Would these be "clean" or "dirty" swirls?

Al, get the ip's and addresses of those people in the comments. It's time to put the 15 gallon Throne of Justice in the Winnebago of Doom and administer mass swirly's upon them. With the anti-bull..er.. anti-nerd reprogramming edicts enacted in our schools over the past three decades the inmates are running the asylum. Just bringing back dodgeball to establish a simple pecking order would cut this stuff in half overnight. A kid looking for Pokemon on his phone? "Kerwham!" a soccer ball to the side of the head shattering his phone and rattling his brains would end that foolishness on the spot.

As my HS vice principal used to tell me every morning before sending me out to do my duty, "A swirly a day keeps the geeks at bay." He was a wise and noble man. He had a technique for Indian burns that would hurt for half a semester.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 1222 UTC »
We're taking a Winnebago cross country with it as the primary facility. What do you think?

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns