We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Now here's something ya don't see everyday!  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Now here's something ya don't see everyday!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 0217 UTC »
Looks like the A** next door... the one that has the Federal Marshals pounding at his door every month <sigh>
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 1450 UTC »
A friend's Grandparents ran one those roadside tourist trap museums that were common in the days before the interstates ate America. I remember the summer of the "two-headed calf" when I was about four or five. The poor things don't live very long, it was something to see one alive.

A certain dx'er bit the heads off of chickens there, three times a day during the tourist season, but I don't want to mention any names. He used the money he made to buy a Stingray bike, something he still brags about to this day.

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 1945 UTC »
Oh crap, that is an early stage Brahmin!  Ya see, Fallout 4 is real...I keep telling my boss that, the days of work I miss are to help the Commonwealth grow, but he never believed me, now I have proof!

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns