We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Halloween 2016 SW Pirate Activity  (Read 2498 times)

JoeFLIPS

Halloween 2016 SW Pirate Activity
« on: November 01, 2016, 0405 UTC »
Just wanted to thank all of the free radio stations that were active Halloween night and this past weekend. There was a lot of activity, especially Halloween night, and your efforts are greatly appreciated here! I enjoyed listening to all of the stations, so a big THANK YOU goes out to all the pirate ops who made this possible! Keep up the great work. So many pirates on Halloween night that it was hard to choose who to listen to lol. I just kept flipping back and forth to various stations.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 0410 UTC by JoeFLIPS »

Fansome

Re: Halloween 2016 SW Pirate Activity
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 0517 UTC »
I agree; thanks.

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 1029 UTC »
Yes, thanks to all!
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 1109 UTC »
Hear hear.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline curious george

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 1309 UTC »
Joe, you beat me to it.  I can't remember the last time we had so much activity for the entire night.  Plus, I think we were fairly lucky with propagation.  The band didn't go long until later, plus other stations kept coming on throughout the night.  I really put my SDRPlay to good use last night, and recorded the entire RF spectrum on 43 meters.  I didn't get a chance to post all my loggings in real-time as there was just so much going on at the same time.  In addition to some excellent programs (my favorites were from Undercover Radio and Witch City Radio), the audio quality was excellent from all the stations.  A big thank you to all the stations for a very entertaining night!

Offline PirateSWL

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 1327 UTC »
Many thanks to all the broadcasters. I enjoyed every minute of listening from the early afternoon up until midnight EST last night. Was able to copy just about every station that was active except for Moonlight Radio which was just because of an adjacent transmitting station. Most stations had a very good signal in NY. Nice to catch Radio Free Furry, Radio After Dark & Pumpkin Patch Radio for the first time. It was also nice to hear Undercover Radio, one of the stations I had listened to while being active in the hobby in the early 2000's. A special shout out to Radio Free Furry & XFM for their 3 hour broadcasts. Look forward to the next holiday extravaganza !

Brian
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 1707 UTC by PirateSWL »
Brian D. - PirateSWL
Pirate Radio Shortwave Enthusiast from NY
RX: ICOM 7300 / 40m dipole
Not embarrassed to admit I often use Shazam ; )
eQSL greatly appreciated to PirateSWL@aol.com

Offline Broadwing56

• Who Dares Wins
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 1627 UTC »
This was my first Halloween concentrating on Pirate Stations. I was so excited the whole evening. I started around 6:30 until 11:30. I logged a total of 11 different stations. Wow! Thank you so much for making this a Halloween I will remember. I haven't had this much fun on SW for a few years.
J. Cooper
Central, PA
Winradio G33DDC/CommRadio CR1a/
SDR-IQ
Wellbrook ALA1530S+Imperium/ Wellbrook ALA1530LNP Pro
GAP HEAR it in line module
Please QSL to (broadwing56@msn.com)
ROCK ON FOREVER

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 1818 UTC »
Indeed, a big thanks to the ops, who gave us lots to listen to! I have many hours of audio recordings from the SDR.  ;D
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 2321 UTC »
A big tip of the old pirate hat to all the ops who made Halloween 2016 one of the best pirate radio weekends ever! Last night was amazing! (The sound of audience applause 8))
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline aurora

• DX Legend
  • Pittsburgh, PA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 2343 UTC »
Fine job indeed!! I was never so busy spinning that dial. I have not heard that kind of activity in a long time.
eQSLs appreciated! Send to: aurora6925 (at) mail.com
Icom 756Pro3 rig & 133 ft Carolina-Windom ant
Pittsburgh PA

Offline Terry

• SE Florida
  • North Fork St. Lucie River
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 0014 UTC »
Fantastic Halloween night. I was just telling the XYL about it.
Thanks to all for some great shows!!!!
QTH Florida's Treasure Coast, near Stuart 100 mi N of Miami Grid locator EL97uf
Equipment: Kenwood TS-480SAT, R-600, Yaesu FT-857D, R. S. SW portable (Sangean), R.S. Pro-106 Scanner 25-1300 MHz, HyGain 18AVQII, M2 6M 3 el beam, Misc verticals and dipoles
Terry

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 0531 UTC »
What the others said!  Much appreciated.
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns