We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Stumpy changed rate maybe 7000.72 kHz 1429 UTC 6 November 2016  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
This morning when Stumpy came online the pause between dits and the dit length is changed.  I do not try to catch it every day, but the last time I did (a few days ago) it was still about 22 seconds from dit to dit, and dit length about 0.17 sec.  But this morning I caught the turn on at about 1429 UTC, and it was 19.37 seconds dit to dit, and dit length is only 0.15 sec.

I thought at first it may be a "just turned on" thing, but an hour later it is still on the same spacing and length.  Also, the freq is slightly higher than it has been.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Stumpy changed rate maybe 7000.72 kHz 1429 UTC 6 November 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 1701 UTC »
Checking this ditter for the first time in a week or so I see it has changed rates again.  Right now there is about 16.8 seconds between each dit.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns