We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: I'm guessing  (Read 2078 times)

Nella F.

I'm guessing
« on: November 18, 2016, 2345 UTC »
this catch belongs here: 2059 GMT 11.635 am, Female reciting numbers in Spanish (single digits); fair signal (!) shallow fades. @ 2101 a tone blast ( ? you tell me the correct terminology) with other noise, while #'s continue to be read in between said blasts. Feedback appreciated.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Re: I'm guessing
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 0120 UTC »
You caught HM01, which transmits at that time on that frequency daily. "HM" stands for "hybrid mode," mean that it transmits in more than one mode (in this case, voice and data). It's from Cuba and replaced their old "Atencion" broadcasts, although those very rarely show up in place of their scheduled morse transmissions, which is on a different schedule and frequency set.

EDIT: It's not on this frequency daily; it's on this frequency at this time on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday it's on at this time, but at 16180 kHz.

http://priyom.org/number-stations/digital/hm01/schedule
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 0123 UTC by MDK2 »
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline shadypyro

• Port Alberni British Columbia Canada
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: I'm guessing
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 0019 UTC »
And also, HM01 mix in with M08a on a number of occasions. Blame it on Pedro, lol...
Tecsun PL-880, MLA-30 plus loop antenna. Various sdrs.

Please eQSL to deserthawk1990@hotmail.com