HFU HF Underground - Shortwave Pirate Radio Forums in North America and Around The World (And other stations that go bump in the night)
    New users are welcome! Please register for an account in order to post to the board.   Posting your logging here is the best way to get a QSL from a station. March 29, 2017, 0310 UTC *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can access the HF Underground wiki here: http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Main_Page as well as the Radio Hobbyist technical blog

Click here for the: Pirate Radio IRC Chat Java Client

Also the EuroPirate Chat

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HF__Underground

Home   Help Search Login Register  
     Shortwave Broadcast Schedules     
   Android app with over 12,000 shortwave broadcast schedules     

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two new SDRPlay RSP's! RSP2 and RSP2-Pro  (Read 1208 times)
JCMaxwell

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2016, 1452 UTC »

http://www.sdrplay.com/rsp2/

http://www.nn4f.com/index.php/46-sdrplay-rsp2-rsp2pro.html
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 1454 UTC by JCMaxwell » Logged

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
MDK2
DX Legend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 1530 UTC »

I had asked Santa for the RSP-1, but I think I'll tell him to hold off. The shielding alone looks like something worth waiting for.

Denver, CO.
Grundig Satellit 750, Tecsun PL-600, SDRPlay RSP2 Pro.
two homebrewed mag loops (10' and 15' circumference).
Soon to include RA0SMS mini-whip, but need mounting before that goes online.
eQSL's appreciated, wickerjennie (at) gmail
mbott

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 2352 UTC »

Supposedly, the shielding of the RSP2 and the RSP2 Pro are the same and the metallic case of the Pro model is for physical protection of the unit. With that understanding, I've already ordered the RSP2 and it will be delivered tomorrow, Nov. 28th.

--
Mike

Knight Star Roamer(2), Sony ICF-2010, Sangean ATS-909X, Icom IC-R75, Tecsun PL-660, Kenwood R-5000, Yaesu FRG-7, SDRplay RSP1 & 2, V3 RTL-SDR, JRC NRD-535D
Pixel RF Pro-1B, JTD1 discone
Josh

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2016, 2216 UTC »

I'd kinda like them to redo the rsp1 for hf only, with all the current bandpass filters adjusted for use from 60MHz and below. As it stands, the rsp1 only has a 12MHz high or low pass filter in the hf band while v and uhf have many more filters, and ambc notch or ambc high/low pass would also be nice. That and a tcxo and shielding and it'd be stellar on hf and below.
mbott

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 2039 UTC »

I had kept the RSP1 out with the arrival of the RSP2 because SDR Console V2.3 was not supported by the RSP2. When that changed last month, the RSP1 has taken up residence on a shelf as a back-up or for possible sale some time in the future.

--
Mike 

Knight Star Roamer(2), Sony ICF-2010, Sangean ATS-909X, Icom IC-R75, Tecsun PL-660, Kenwood R-5000, Yaesu FRG-7, SDRplay RSP1 & 2, V3 RTL-SDR, JRC NRD-535D
Pixel RF Pro-1B, JTD1 discone
Fred Smith

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 2226 UTC »

I like Simons software but Sdruno seems to work better now with the version sdrplay v. 1. Have not tried the ver 2 sdrplay yet. Been meaning to stop at HRO, maybe tomorrow.

FT-920, SDR Play and others. 80 meter doublet/openwire feed, 80/10 OCFD, 400 BOG  NE/SW unterminated
Pages: [1]
  Print  
     Function Generator Pad     
   Audio function generator app for the iPad     

Jump to: