We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Voice tests on 4742kHz  (Read 1796 times)

Offline AlanC

• Sheffield UK
    • View Profile
Voice tests on 4742kHz
« on: December 30, 2016, 1926 UTC »
Heard 'This is TASCOMM test test 1 2 3 4 5' and off; OM with UK accent once at about 18:55 and again at 19:00 on 4742kHz USB today (30th December 2016)

Cheers
Alan

Offline ELF

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Voice tests on 4742kHz
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 1726 UTC »
Here's what I have listed for 4742Khz -

UK TASCOMM DHFCS Forest Moor/Kinloss (ARCHITECT), Ascension (HAVEN),Cyprus (CYPRUS), Mount Pleasant Falkland Islands (MPA) (VIPER)

Cheers

ELF

Offline AlanC

• Sheffield UK
    • View Profile
Re: Voice tests on 4742kHz
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 0931 UTC »
Hi ELF,
Thanks for your reply and I can confirm that.

Back in the good old days of STCICS you'd hear Architect with weather reports on the hour and airfield colour states on the half hour, and at other times aircraft on long distance flights (C130 Herc's with the callsign ASCOT and four digits). General calls were made to the callsign CELEBRITY e.g. "Celebrity celebrity this is Architect Architect. Airfield colour states at zero nine zero zero zulu....".

When it all changed to TASCOMM in the middle of 2006, Architect fell silent and to my knowledge has never been heard since, unless you or anyone else knows different? I was fairly sure HF had been pretty much abandoned, however the test transmission I heard shows that the infrastructure is still there at least and I that is quite significant.

Some monitors have reported hearing ALE bursts with callsign XSS (Forest Moor NCS) but not regular soundings as you hear on the DHFCS ALE net.

Happy New year
Alan
Cheers
Alan