We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Power from Tap Water  (Read 1775 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Power from Tap Water
« on: December 28, 2016, 1702 UTC »
PBS News Hour just ran this report on an inventor who wants to extract the power from H20:

HARI SREENIVASAN: Imagine a mini power supply in your house or car that made it possible for you to be off the grid. What if that source of energy was totally clean and powered by simple tap water?

Well, a Greek scientist claims to have created a machine that converts water into power.

http://www.off-grid.net/power-tap-water/

Sigh.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Power from Tap Water
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 1855 UTC »
If only we could store lightning bolts. Also, up there in the idunnosphere is about 300k volts and a few brazillion amperes of free lectricity, if only for a wire long enough to reach up there and tap it.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 0342 UTC »
That Greek guy looks familiarly odd. There is something about him that says "trailers" and "slide rules".

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 1846 UTC »
Check out how much energy is contained in rocks...  no joke they do contain a lot of energy.  Take one from a river bed and toss it into your camp fire and run like hell... (don't really do this please)...  more fun then a barrel of balls.
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 2136 UTC »
I come from a land of semi-porus sandstone where rocks from anywhere in a campfire can become shrapnel. I don't care how many people they know that have been hurt or maimed because of it, some jackass is going to do it on every trip out in the woods. He's normally the guy who "breathes" fire with moonshine and shoots down saplings with buckshot from five yards away. If your lucky he'll get up to piss in the night and walk over a cliff. Otherwise he's going to hurt some folks before he hits prison for the first time at 21 or kills himself with a car.

It's why us older guys won't go in the woods with young guys. The real idiots haven't been culled.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 0412 UTC »
I wonder how much energy can be gotten from 'Piss Boy, Oh piss boy'  ???

Maybe I should ask the TRON about that... me remembers a 4th of July party and a piss-oline bo-mb experiment during said party...  I remember the thing bubbling away but for some reason that is all I remember...  don't even remember going home...  wow... old-timers disease I guess...
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns