We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: M8a July 5, 10 1857z 8097kc  (Read 2349 times)

Offline desmoface

• NE Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
M8a July 5, 10 1857z 8097kc
« on: July 05, 2010, 2304 UTC »
Sure enough, right on time..Nice signal with a bit of fading into NE Ohio...there seemed to be a bit of interference on usb, so I used lsb...

The following video's erroneously show the date as July 4th..

Audio from the camcorder:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=590f5tBpZ4I

Audio straight into the sound card of the puter:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_uMAMSrhW8

Enjoy..

Steve
Kenwood TS-870SAT
Full Wave 80 Meter Horizontal Loop ~ 260 Ft Long
Pse qsl to Kb8viv @ yahoo . com
NE Ohio

Offline 4405486

• View Profile
Re: M8a July 5, 10 1857z 8097kc
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 0033 UTC »
That frequency is also used for SK01, evidently quite a bit. I noticed a fellow in Florida listed SK01 as follows:
Jun 4 18:19 - 20:02 UTC on 8097kc
I have only heard it once, but am now starting to focus on it. It has a very distinctive sound to it, once you have heard it you will
remember it. It is used to transfer files (computer) over the Radio instead of the Internet. It is a RDFT ( Redundant Digital File Transfer)
Mode- very forgiving over the Radio. Curious mix of Morse Code and Digital, or so it seems to me.
Cheers.

Offline desmoface

• NE Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 1113 UTC »
That's probably what it was, then...M8A was actually stronger on USB, but the other signal was killing the audio..so LSB it was...louder, but lesser signal strenth..

Kenwood TS-870SAT
Full Wave 80 Meter Horizontal Loop ~ 260 Ft Long
Pse qsl to Kb8viv @ yahoo . com
NE Ohio

Offline 4405486

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 1757 UTC »
You have probably heard it, but did not know quite what to make of it- it does sound unusual. There are several sound files. try:
Numbers and oddities go to Download, then to Sound Samples, you will see New DGI mode: RDFT about third of the way down- this is SK01.
We don't have any Cuban Embassies, there is a Cuban Interests Section on the East Coast. How they distribute thier Key material and what not escapes me ?
In contrast, if I understand this correctly the Russian Consulate in Seattle is located in the Westin Building- a major telecommunications hub ? This gets to deep for me, I may just stick to building itsy bitsy little Radios and Morse Code. Cheers.