We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: AIR on MW  (Read 991 times)

Offline Jari Finland

• View Profile
    • Email
AIR on MW
« on: January 10, 2017, 1420 UTC »
So, what else since I wrote here last time...

Indians on MW. Everywhere. Strongest channels in Finland have been 648 Indore, 666 Delhi B, 747 Lucknow, 846 Ahmedabad, 918 Suratgarh, 954 Najibabad, 990 Jammu and 1071 Rajkot FS in urdu. On 1080 there is Rajkot DRM that can be seen as a 9 kHz wide flat block of noise.

Sample: http://www.teknokekko.fi/dx/as/1143_AIR_Rohtak_111116_0025.mp3 Opens broadcast day with Vande mataram.

Those stations can be heard almost every evening with 700 m wire antenna, that has proved to be excellent tool also to China and Australia.

Since September I have listened to so many hours of All India Radio that I know the routine by heart now. This is what an All-Purpose India Reception Report looks like:

1515 Regional programme.
1529 Local id.
1530 News at Nine from Delhi in English.
1545 AIR advertisements.
1546 Commentary from Delhi or Local programme.
1559 Local id.
1600 Regional programme.
1614 Local id. (optional)
1615 Regional news.
1629 Local id.
1630 Raga concert.
1729 Local id.
1730 News from Delhi in English.
1735 News from Delhi in Hindi.
1740 Local id.
1741 Sign-off or Local extra news (optional).

0023 Int-sign.
0025 Vande mataram.
0026 Local id.
0026 Morning raga.
0029 Local id.
0030 News from Delhi in Hindi.
0035 News from Delhi in English/Urdu or Regional programme.

As we know, AIR Spectrum Manager verifies sporadically. An aspect of lotto drawing is always involved. However, Spectrum Manager sent me some cryptic mass emails, some of them without header and without content, but with a little detective work I realised I was invited to input my reports in feedback system on page http://pbinfo.air.org.in/feedback/.

Spectrum manager had added my email address in database but he never told me password, so I had to register with another email address.

When you have registered you will notice that users are asked to add telephone number and upload a profile picture. If you try to comply, page shows you error.

Indian coding.  :P

Anyway, this is the way I have received eqsls for 20+ AIR stations during last three months. Some reports have been even verified as a card as well. Which ones, depends again the lotto numbers...

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns