We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: My computer found an 'unsafe site' because of security issues (Have a big laugh)  (Read 2208 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
As I said above, my computer blocked this site as being 'unsafe'... so here's the addy folks!!!

https://www.passports.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/philippines-travel-warning.html

Perhaps my computer is smarter than I????    :-\   Ok folks.... don't say what you're thinking   :P
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
They're using a cert for *.state.gov and the name is www.passports.state.gov

Wildcard certs don't work for subdomains.

Removing the www from the URL, it will redirect to:
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/passports.html

From that link, the Philippines travel warning page is at:
https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/philippines-travel-warning.html

« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 0207 UTC by skeezix »
Minneapolis, MN

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
I seldom use the US warnings for overseas travel.  I do read them but I also use Englands, Canada, etc travels warning on top of the US ones.  Seems to me the US sites report quite late for some Countries warnings... like the Philippines...  as an good example at this time.

The US site doesn't report the Zitka problem like Canada does and that is just one such example.

I like to know ALL of the problems.

It is my belief that the Philippines will have a mild (mild?) civil war within this next year, if that is the case I will bug out to Guam damned quickly.  Just me being me...  and past training helps too also. ;-)  A person can hear a lot of Chinese spy stations in the Philippines I am told...
73 Vince
KA1IIC

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
    • View Profile
Wherever you go, international, domestic, or even local - Its not paranoia if they're really after ya.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
This Philippine civil war, what factions do you suppose will be doing the fighting? I expect the cia to be on one side and the chicoms on the other.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
    • View Profile
Maybe the cia is on both sides?
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
The cia likely finances both sides but only operates one, letting the dod think it controls the other. Kinda like how cia controls and funds isis while dod controls and funds all the forces opposed to isis (other than Iran, Syria, and Russia).
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey guys thanks for the info on the cia and dod...  now I have yet another reason to hide under my bed... <sigh>

Looks to me that the only safe place to be is inside an icbm launching station...  now where in the hell did I put my security blanket  errrrr.... security pass...  life gets so damned complicated doughnut?

Well back to work on my latest project...  and let me tell you it's hard to build stuff under the workbench...

<  bang crash tinkle tinkle >  ooooppppsss I found that diamond reamer I have been missing for so long... but it looks like another trip to the ER to have it removed from my  errrrr  bottom.... <sigh>

ps:  did you folks hear that the current 'President' of the Philippines called potus Obama a "son of a wh*re" to his face even...  I guess there is a Bob!  All hail Bob and prepare for X-day!!!!!  yea team!

I like Chinese, I like Chinese, they only come up to your knees but they're cute and cuddly and ready to please...
73 Vince
KA1IIC