We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Baked Spam Pineapple  (Read 13142 times)

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Baked Spam Pineapple
« on: January 15, 2017, 0034 UTC »
Ingredients
•   1 can Spam, your choice
•   ⅛ cup brown sugar
•   1 small can pineapple, crushed
•   10 whole cloves (optional)
Instructions
1.   In a small baking dish, place whole spam on side; score and stud with cloves.
2.   Spread brown sugar all over spam and then pour crushed pineapple with juices over meat.
3.   Bake 350 degrees for about 20 to 30 minutes.
Notes
For a sweeter flavor, slice spam into thick pieces and top with brown sugar, pineapple and bake. Delicious!
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Baked Spam Pineapple
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 1828 UTC »
For those formal dinners, serve with a gravy made from toothpaste, Titebond II, and chilled hotdog water.
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 2000 UTC »
The real question is; Is Treet a suitable substitute?

Spam, ramen noodles, instant mashed potato's and pizza were my basic diet in college.That and my trusty bottle of One-A-Day vitamins. Then I met those Thai guys and found out what top drawer college eating was from the son's of filthy rich diplomats over here keeping their asses safe after the Khmer Rouge took over Cambodia and were showing signs of heading west.

Amazingly, with their refined palates, they liked the fried Spam sandwiches with a shot Plochman's mustard I fixed for breakfast? Pork byproducts and lard know no cultural boundaries, just religious ones.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 2117 UTC »
TREET is probably best described as SPAMs financially challenged cousin and is made from chicken and pork(Think of those little vienna sausages in a can). Spam is made from Pork shoulder and ham. Here's a little article that will put to rest any misconceptions one might have regarding SPAM.... http://southernmnscene.com/content/brief-history-spam
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 2137 UTC »
Weenies, white bread, and mustard, the lunch of champions!

Plus, the cans were dandy for target practice. There wasn't a weenie can safe from me and my pellet gun in a three state region from the time I was slightly more than a toddler. To tell the the truth, I bagged my first weenie can with .22 pistol just before I turned four, but that was overkill.

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 1102 UTC »
TREET is probably best described as SPAMs financially challenged cousin and is made from chicken and pork(Think of those little vienna sausages in a can). Spam is made from Pork shoulder and ham. Here's a little article that will put to rest any misconceptions one might have regarding SPAM.... http://southernmnscene.com/content/brief-history-spam

Southern Minnesota has a scene?  ...chuckle...

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 2025 UTC »
I've never been there, but this little blurb from Wikipedia sounds like a real wham bam thank you Spam of a time!  ;D

SPAM Jam (formerly known as Cedar River days) is a yearly festival of the popular meat product Spam. It is held in Austin, Minnesota, where Hormel food company produces the meat.
The festival spans from July 1 to 7 and includes fireworks, parades, games, a carnival, and of course, the mysterious meat itself. Each year, those who enter the city during the festivities are likely to see copious amounts of blue and yellow (the colors of the packaging), and myriad dancing men and women in large SPAM can costumes.
The 2005 event hosted such guests as Bill Nye the Science Guy, Kurtwood Smith, Jerry Turner the auditor and James Belushi. Highlighting the 2007 event is the second annual SPAM Fritters eating competition, with 2006 Champion David "Processed Meat Paws" Stauber returning to defend his title mark of 856 fritters (87.1 lb or 39.5 kg).

Hmmm...Spam Fritters...gotta look for a recipe on that one!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 0647 UTC »

Southern Minnesota has a scene?  ...chuckle...

+-RH

I dated a woman from S.W. Minnesota. The only scene they had there were unsecured outbuildings flying through the air. "Did you forget to strap the shed down, Olaf?" "Yes, dear." "My father always said you would always be a average Dane, never a great one. He was right."

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 1902 UTC »
Some HAMs in MN have the unique way of saying semty tree when they sign off.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns