We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 4030 kHz USB UNID Spanish Language 0400-0450 UTC 18 Jan 2017  (Read 1123 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Hearing a long QSO on 4030 kHz USB right now.  Seems like Spanish language but I could be wrong.  Weak signals, but readable. 

Since this is a legit HF marine frequency, I'm going to presume that that's what this is.  Of course, it is right above the top edge of the 75 meter amateur band, and the 4000-4063 kHz range is known to be used for all sorts of things that are not maritime mobile.  Military/government users, MARS, pirate broadcasters, and even a peppering of licensed shortwave broadcasters from time to time (Radio Verdad on 4055 kHz AM comes to mind).  So these guys could be anything.  I've been watching them for the past 40-50 minutes on the waterfall while I listened to the UNID pirate station on 4040 kHz USB but they disappeared a couple minutes ago.  Not really sure what these guys were so I figured I'd post a log.
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns