We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: January 20 is Penguin Awareness Day  (Read 1129 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: January 20 is Penguin Awareness Day
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 2129 UTC »
And the birthday of the man who taught me how to cause chaos on a grand scale. There should be parades of Penguins and "Legitimate Businessmen's Associations" from one end of the Hemisphere to the other.

R.I.P. Uncle Red, I'd have never learned statistics, probability, and how to balance the books if it hadn't been for you. Or proper phone etiquette, talking in code, outting rats, or how to kneecap a welcher with a ballpeen hammer, standing still or fleeing. They don't teach you those things in Boy Scouts.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 2149 UTC »
The important bits;

How to Celebrate?

Learn more about these majestic birds and their habitat and try to understand how human activity may be affecting them.
    If your local zoo has penguins, why not take a trip there to spend some time observing them?
    Watch movies with penguin characters and documentaries about the lives and habitats of penguins.

Did You Know…

…that the fastest penguins – the Gentoo – can swim at the speed of 22 miles or 35 kilometers an hour?
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 2226 UTC »
I triple dog dare that Californicator, Fansome, to race one of those Gentoo's in the Santa Barbara Channel. Be there or be square, Al.

You've got the home channel advantage. Skeert?

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 1723 UTC »
I wouldn't accept that challenge, they're jet propelled!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm69G0IYHsM
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.