We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Ga Ga 6925 DSB 2357 UTC 28 Jan 2017  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Ga Ga 6925 DSB 2357 UTC 28 Jan 2017
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 1527 UTC »
If it was an album version of "Get Up, Stand Up" it was either the Wailers or Peter Tosh. Bob Marley's later band, Bob Marley And The Wailers, performed and recorded it live, but Peter Tosh wrote it. When the original Wailers, Peter, Bunny Livingston and Marley split in '74, Pete re-recorded it in the late 70's. Peter's later version has a much harder, heavier style than the original with some early dub overtones. I think Lee Perry produced and played on both but that's been a long time ago? I was a Burning Spear man in those days. The Wailers were back among the pack for me, except for Pete. That guy was a helluva writer and musician.

One of my favorite SNL moments is Peter performing "Walk And Don't Look Back". Mick Jagger comes on stage throws an arm around Tosh. Tosh shoots him a "Who the f**k are you!" look to mess with him. I thought Mick was going to drop a load on the stage until he wised up to what was up.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns