We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Another great FanCo product  (Read 1358 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Another great FanCo product
« on: February 08, 2017, 1220 UTC »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Another great FanCo product
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 1850 UTC »
There's a funny story behind how that was developed. Al noticed when using Ronco's Spray On Hair his dx counts went up, so he tracked them. Darned if their wasn't a a strong correlation between the two. (It's why Radio Al Fansome had near worldwide coverage.) When the patent was up, we bought the rights, changed a few things and you've got what you see today.

It will not, I repeat will not work on 11 meters, you CB heathens!

Ironically, Grecian Formula and Just For Men have the opposite effect and is the probable reason WBNY was never actually heard by anyone except during relays. The op who will remain unnamed used it heavily after he divorced his wife and bought a motorcycle in an epic mid-life crisis attempt to pick up young women. The fumes rotted what brain cells he had left and he crashed into a bait truck, as he thought by the smell it contained, and I quote, "My kind of women!"

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 1916 UTC »
As I recall, Al was a alpha tester for the Tina Turner Tuna Turner by Ronco, for only $19.95. So, Al is in good standing with product testing worldwide. Also, the grecian formula contains lead, and if sprayed into the idunnosphere like the zillion tiny copper needles that caused the great Alaskan quake, well, you know how that went.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_West_Ford
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Uncle John

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 0022 UTC »
A couple months ago...so it was probably more like 9 mo.'s to a year ago, (time flies by when you're my age), I scanned the CB band & heard No Thing. & now, quoting the Dalai Lama  out-of-context: "So therefor..."   ::)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 2052 UTC »
Twinkle Twat for the ladies... it makes the flys go away... ;-)
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns