We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Baseball February 18  (Read 7020 times)

Online Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Baseball February 18
« on: February 18, 2017, 1606 UTC »
...because God loves us in snowy New England  :)!  I heard this spinning the dial on the way home from work yesterday, they are back today.

Very good reception on 91.7 FM WHUS-FM (UConn Student Station).  I am about as far southwest as their signal carries. UMass-Lowell v UConn - a doubleheader, no less.

1600z  Two OM's on pre-game analysis
1603z  "It is 80 degrees and sunny (Port St. Lucie, Fl) with a first pitch, fastball strike.  Chris Sharpe has hit an 0-2 pitch for a solo homer for Lowell."
1606z "This is the home of the Mets in February and March"
1607z "Good to see UConn Alum George Springer (Astros) yesterday."
1610z "A 1-6-3 double play to end the frame, the only blemish was Sharpe's solo homer.  1-0 Lowell after a half inning."
1616z "Prado will be sent home, it's an RBI double and the score is tied 1-1."
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 1929 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns