We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Romania  (Read 1082 times)

Uncle John

Romania
« on: February 21, 2017, 1901 UTC »
(as usual no internet @ home)
Feb.21.:
0134gmt., 5.960, barely hear music, female vocal, verified on 7.325, weaker yet/less QRM! Yes! Amazing. Actually Less "F"'ing noise!
0358gmt., 7.340, Male vocal, 'email/face book/instagram...' on & on with different ways contacting Romania Int., better sig. than earlier.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
Re: Romania
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 0203 UTC »
I lost them a couple of months ago with the switch to the winter frequencies. Too low signals & too much QRM. Glad they're still around. Hopefully in the spring they'll conquer the QRM.

Minneapolis, MN

Uncle John

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 2352 UTC »
Not only that Skeezix, the signals are intended for "eNA". Turkey ditto. Others too. I've kept virtually all my loggings beginning from '64- '68 (a.m. band) on thru to today. A couple days ago I was glancing thru my last s.w. log book when stationed on USS Orion (as-18) in La Maddalena, Sardinia. Man the stuff you could pick up then (had an apartment in Palau). I even remember hearing Moammar Gadhafi on a rant in (fair) English about U.S. Around 1984. Good olde days.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 0001 UTC by Uncle John »

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 0223 UTC »
E NA is better than W NA usually always.

The good ol' days.... yes I miss them.  But, I don't miss the Woodpecker and pirate activity these days is really good. And the good ol' days never had a pirate transmitting in glorious C-QUAM.
Minneapolis, MN

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns