We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Amalgamated DGPS expiration date ?  (Read 4071 times)

Offline Loufoque

• View Profile
    • Email
Amalgamated DGPS expiration date ?
« on: February 24, 2017, 1735 UTC »
Hi.
This is with respect to the expiry date (28 February 2017) for Amalgamated DGPS.
I would like to try this software in a quiet place far away from my house, but it's impossible for me before February 28th !
For now i use it live with a 16 khz bandwidth
A new version will coming soon ?

Thanks in advance.

Gillis from Montreal.

Windows 10 64

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: Amalgamated DGPS expiration date ?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 2009 UTC »
Thanks for reminding me. I've made some changes to the app, so now may be a good time to release a new beta and push back the expiration date to the end of July.

Here's download links for the Mac and Windows versions. I feel pretty confident in the Mac version as I use it all the time, less so for the Windows version, I only have time to check basic functionality. So I'd appreciate it if folks could give it a try, and let me know that it works OK.

http://blackcatsystems.com/download/AmalgamatedDGPSMac104.zip
http://blackcatsystems.com/download/AmalgamatedDGPSWindows104.zip

Also Gillis / Loufoque (and anyone else lurking here), we'd love to see your DGPS logs on the DGPS Logging forum! https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/board,32.0.html
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 1602 UTC »
I'm decoding with 1.04b1 and its about 3x slower than the previous version and the settings are the same (which means its decoding 1 second for every 1 second of recorded time). No 0.5 kHz channels, type 6 & 9 only.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2017, 1631 UTC »
I'm decoding with 1.04b1 and its about 3x slower than the previous version and the settings are the same (which means its decoding 1 second for every 1 second of recorded time). No 0.5 kHz channels, type 6 & 9 only.

Aha I think I know why... it has my very aggressive decoding settings as the default. Let me make them user selectable. 
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2017, 1853 UTC »
OK, new betas uploaded, same URLs. See the built in help for details on the new settings in the preferences.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 2018 UTC »
Cool, thanks. I've adjusted it to 0/0/1 and running now on a subset of 6 recordings from last evening. I'm going to compare the 1.0.4b2's results for the same set (with same settings) as with the previous version.  If they look comparable, then unless the rest of the recordings on it.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 1817 UTC »
Since I've not heard of any complaints, and the current version expires tomorrow, I've updated Amalgamated DGPS version 1.0.4.

Enjoy: http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/dgps_decoding_software_sdr.html

Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD