We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Mets vs Nats Grapefruit League WOR 710 AM 1810 UTC 25 Feb 2017  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Bones

• NE Florida
    • View Profile
    • Email
Play Ball! Port St. Lucie grapefruit league game.

Mets taking on the Nationals with Gonzalez on the mound. Mets discard Murphy(cough,cough) playing 2nd. Wieters catching?  

As an Orioles fan Weiters in a Nationals uniform will take some getting use to ;)  Yea I know the O's moved on but still...

David Wright up to bat and flies out.

end of 1st 0-0.

good RX via K2SDR kiwi rig

top 2nd ...Harper hits a 400+ foot bomb 1-0 nats
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 1932 UTC by Bones »
Kenwood TS-940SAT
Sony SW7600G
QTH: NE Florida

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mets vs Nats Grapefruit League WOR 710 AM 1810 UTC 25 Feb 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 1933 UTC »

Have it here now.  Nats 3, Mets 0.  Been switching back and forth between this and Yanks/Phils on WFAN 660 am.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 1403 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 2357 UTC »
I meant to ask you yesterday if the Mets were a Grapefruit or Cactus League team, CT.

With Fidel kicking the bucket and Raul not far from the graveyard, I'm hoping to see winter ball and spring training return to Cuba in my lifetime. God knows those poor folks could use the influx of money it would bring.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 1416 UTC »
Mets are Grapefruit.  I believe the dividing line for Grapefruit/Cactus is now the Pennsylvania/Ohio line with the exception of Minnesota, Houston, Detroit, and St. Louis (Grapefruit).  I have been to games in both "Leagues" - I'll take the Cactus over the Grapefruit any day.  The scenery around the parks is better, the people (employees/fellow tourists) are nicer, the spring training locations are closer together, and the weather is 80 and dry.  My first trip to Spring Training was 1981 in Sarasota (White Sox/Tigers).  I literally bumped into Al Kaline, it was a couple of bucks to get in.  Now, they are bleeding you to get in.  I seem to recall a couple of years ago, the remaining tickets (average tickets) for a Mets/Cards game were $150 per.  I could afford it but passed, I didn't wish to be a party to such bloodsucking.

PS - Before my time during WWII (1943), baseball was asked to save "man-miles", so spring training was up north.  Indiana for midwest teams and the north east for other teams.  The Dodgers were up at Bear Mountain/West Point at off-hour times from the Army, the Boston Braves were ten miles away from my current residence at Choate (not Rosemary yet) Hall in Wallingford, CT, and the Yanks could have sent well wishes via a future Springsteen Album "Greetings from Asbury Park"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 1950 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)