We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 22 meter beacon list  (Read 8660 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline MojaveBeaconeer

• View Profile
Re: 22 meter beacon list
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 2039 UTC »
Not too fond of the LWCA these days, so I will hold-off for now to sending my 22m beacon info. there, but I put on two days ago a pretty decent part-15 level ERP beacon "RR-dash" on 13562.85 or so on a 1/3 wave wire in the attic/loft of my shop building (wooden roof above it and just 5 layers of stout roofing paper and metal sheeting away from the wire), and with a series var. cap. peaking the signal (~50 pF or so) on a nearby FS-meter; and a walk out 1/2 mile from Keeler, CA here indicates it gets out good enough on groundwave to skip something into DX-land whereever!

I hope Chris S. in MD - super Blackcat apps too!  hope he hears it!

What with Es coming, and some today about 1130 PT on CB-5 from XE-land, and a strong 15 MHz WWV at noon PT today, there is good propagation on 22m today and with Es, and some F2 peaks will be great for DX, also.

73 - Steve/MB

Offline MojaveBeaconeer

• View Profile
Re: 22 meter beacon list
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2020, 1932 UTC »
Actually I wish to correct my statement re. LWCA - made incorrectly as I'd had a misunderstanding. 

Actually, I and a good friend appreciate the present thrust of 22m beacons, as it compares long ago to our LWCA centered (and has bulletings such as "Western Update" and Northern Observer" and as such formed the basis for a truly fascinating "hobby" cum career in radio. THANK YOU.  Also, I really DO now appreciate Jerry (OWR's) 22m listing efforts.

Improvements made to the RR-dash 13562.85 beacon (A1A) have it routinely heard in NM.  I hear BCN here.  VAN (formerly an ident I used in 2014 from on old Ford Van inner antenna under it's bubble top.  Now in Sacto, Ca area but entirely different installation yet similar.  I have heard perhaps 6 or 7 CE beacons between 13.555 and 13565 here.  I note the CNR-1 Chinese jammers and some UnID on 13570 that goes off by 1659z.  Mike heard that in NM at his local dawn.  Never too strong but puts some splatter on RR-dash and BCN, VAN, etc.

A link to the past with LWCA groups and LowFER and MedFER happenings circa 1986-1990.:

http://www.auroralchorus.com/lowfers.htm

Thanks Chris; John D. Jerry; Tesla; Token for all of this.  73-Steve - RR-dash 13562.85 - noted at .89 also. DM16