We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The Academy Awards  (Read 1721 times)

Fansome

The Academy Awards
« on: February 27, 2017, 0618 UTC »
Not a bad show, all in all. The only reason I watched it was to see any political fireworks, but really there were very little of such.

It did gratify me to see that Belinda won the award for Best Singer, which she has deserved for many years.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: The Academy Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 2200 UTC »
You're back on the dope, aren't you, Blue Boy? Stay off of the goofballs!

I still remember when Svetlana put the baby in the oven to dry it off after it's bath. Of course she was too "baked", to use the beatnik jargon you speak in, to get it lit. Thank God microwaves weren't a common household appliance yet, that kid could have ended up goofier than Elon Musk!

Little Alluvial Josh got a bit of methane exposure, but not to the extent contained in the air in the L.A. basin in those days. That 60's era L.A. air is what made both David Crosby and David Lee Roth the way they are. No one needs a return to that.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 0052 UTC »
BTW, how did you manage to screw up the the "Best Picture Award" last night, Al? Distracted by Salma's cleavage, no doubt. That's what you get for stealing Dobie Gillis' girlfriend back in '63. Dwayne aka "Dobie" is a director now, you New Jersey stage prop. Does your sister Shirley still think she was a slime mold in a past life?

Fansome

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 0212 UTC »
Hey, it was an honest mistake.

BTW, how did you manage to screw up the the "Best Picture Award" last night, Al? Distracted by Salma's cleavage, no doubt. That's what you get for stealing Dobie Gillis' girlfriend back in '63. Dwayne aka "Dobie" is a director now, you New Jersey stage prop. Does your sister Shirley still think she was a slime mold in a past life?

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 0255 UTC »
Hey, it was an honest mistake.

Admiring Belinda up the page and now admitting Salma distracts you. You told me once your SO occasionally reads this board. You've done it now, Al. If she sees this, you're sunk.

How do you manage to get yourself into all this trouble?

Fansome

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 0413 UTC »
My intentions are good. I'm not a bad person, I just sometimes do bad things.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 0538 UTC »
Don't they have shots for that?