We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Un-BARCA-lieveable  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Un-BARCA-lieveable
« on: March 08, 2017, 2332 UTC »

So, I (and 96,000 plus of my closest  friends) was at the historic/miraculous Barca comeback vs. PSG. With three minutes left, my son looks at me and says, "They need three goals in three minutes"  It happened.  Barcelona turned into Madri Gras times New Year's Eve.  There was a Barca flag at everyone's seat when you arrived, they were fluttering all over town afterwards.  The most incredible sports win in person or on TV I have ever seen.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39152666
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

JoeFLIPS

Re: Un-BARCA-lieveable
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 2335 UTC »
How 'bout those New England Patriots though? Atlanta had a 28-3 lead.....  ;D

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 2339 UTC »

JoeFLIPS - I am telling you - live or in person, there was nothing like this.  For a round of 16 game, for a town that has won a lot, the placed exploded.
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 2339 UTC »
I heard it live on Radio Exterior Espaņa on 9690. Just in time too, I had remembered to tune in literally one minute before Neymar's goal at 88' made it 4-1. Since it was one of the star players I got the distinctive "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" but since it wasn't coupled with "Messi Messi Messi! Messi Messi Messi! Messi Messi Messi! Messi Messi Messi! Messi Messi Messi!", I had to go online somewhere to see who had scored it. It was utter pandemonium when they got that sixth goal.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

JoeFLIPS

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 2343 UTC »
I don't follow soccer CT Yankee but I imagine the celebration was quite the scene.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 2345 UTC »

At the sixth goal, the entire PSG team collapsed on the field.  They couldn't even get up to re-start the match.  The sixth goal was the result of a foul committed on the Barca keeper who was out of goal, at about midfield, to try and get the sixth goal.   Just stunning.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 0625 UTC »
There was a Barca flag at everyone's seat when you arrived, they were fluttering all over town afterwards

So every seat was a "Barcalounger"? Sweet! That beats the aluminum benches with no backs at most American football stadiums.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 1517 UTC »

So every seat was a "Barcalounger"? Sweet! That beats the aluminum benches with no backs at most American football stadiums.

I think nearly every NFL city has a shiny new stadium with actual seats with backs now, complete with armrests and drink holders, and made of the highest quality plastic, the better to hold the ever growing American bottom.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 1750 UTC »

I think nearly every NFL city has a shiny new stadium with actual seats with backs now, complete with armrests and drink holders, and made of the highest quality plastic, the better to hold the ever growing American bottom.

Kinda the opposite of the Dayton HAMvention!
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2017, 2249 UTC »

Goodness, we caused an earthquake - it was quite the celebration.  Hope we didn't topple any of Gaudi's handiwork  ;)!

http://temblor.net/earthquake-insights/seismometer-picks-up-barcelonas-stunning-champions-league-victory-2738/