We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: AA0RQ running fast  (Read 2617 times)

Offline Ed H

• View Profile
AA0RQ running fast
« on: March 21, 2017, 2245 UTC »
Heard in the later afternoon (0100 Z) on Sunday afternoon, AA0RQ with very speedy Morse, occasionally audible. None of the other neighbors in the 13,563.XXX kHz vicinity were coming through.

Lower down, I received USC and NC amongst the FSK beacons nearer 13,555 kHz. These reached ocasional audibility, solid copy using Spectrum Lab. Not much sign of anyone else.

One thing I am trying to do is find nearby signals (up to few 100 kHz away) that would make useful sources for a gauge comparison for HiFer propagation. Ideally, this would be a signal or signals nearly always audible a skip away. The aim is to track reception and correlate it with activity within the 22m ISM band. There is the 22m broadcast band - I may start there - and Volmet broadcasts amongst the 13 MHz ATC frequencies. Food for thought, as there are signals from Honolulu to the West, and New York to the East.

Ed

Offline tesla

• View Profile
Re: AA0RQ running fast
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 1611 UTC »
I change the rate of speed of the ID now and then...today I set it to the slowest rate possible.

Offline Ed H

• View Profile
Re: AA0RQ running fast
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 1825 UTC »
Aha! trying to catch us out to see if we're really listening  ;)