HFU HF Underground - Shortwave Pirate Radio Forums in North America and Around The World (And other stations that go bump in the night)
    New users are welcome! Please register for an account in order to post to the board.   Posting your logging here is the best way to get a QSL from a station. May 25, 2017, 2343 UTC *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can access the HF Underground wiki here: http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Main_Page as well as the Radio Hobbyist technical blog

Click here for the: Pirate Radio IRC Chat Java Client

Also the EuroPirate Chat

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HF__Underground

Home   Help Search Login Register  
     Morse Code     
   iPad app to decode morse code     

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CFNV 940 khz 0030z March 18, 2017  (Read 484 times)
staticlistener

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2017, 0108 UTC »

From Montreal, Quebec. Nice mix of english language and french language pop music. Hitting s9+10 here on my icom 718.

Shelby Brant
Harrisonville, PA
Grundig Satellit 800 w/ 250 ft. random wire
Chanter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 2038 UTC »

You caught the delightful newbie from Montreal! Smiley  I'm a fan of this one myself. 

Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (currently down for maintenance) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.
staticlistener

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 1626 UTC »

From what I understand, the music is only while they are still testing Undecided and that eventually they will be switching to a talk format. Too bad they couldn't just do that during the day and keep the music at night, kinda like what WRCR used to do before they switched to whatever they're running now.

Shelby Brant
Harrisonville, PA
Grundig Satellit 800 w/ 250 ft. random wire
pinto vortando

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 0220 UTC »

Was finally able to hear this one this evening just past local sunset.   Not an easy feat with adjacent WWJ 950 IBOC covering the QC station.  Should be able to hear a 50kw Montreal station with little difficulty but with WWJ 50 kw sigs here at 15 mV/M had to get WWJ in the null which fortunately happens to be about 90 degrees to the Montreal station. 

Das Radiobunker somewhere in Michigan
Pages: [1]
  Print  
     PSK31     
   iPad app to decode PSK31     

Jump to: