We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Hexie  (Read 2060 times)

Offline cwguy

• View Profile
Hexie
« on: March 26, 2017, 1421 UTC »
Tuned around the handful of beacon freqs I often hear stuff on and had nothing this morning.... Parked it on 6700.4 and eventually started hearing Hexie pop in weak at 1355Z.  Was in and out with a few good dashes heard at times until 1405z or so.

Decided to post it and at 1415 heard some strong dashes, but not quite regular - almost as if someone was tuning up.  Happened a couple of times in a 30 second period.  Unless Hexie decided to fade in super strong...makes me wonder what that was, but I think the 'dashes' were longer.  Seemed to be on or very near the same freq.

Gotta love mysterious HF.
IC-7200, TS-430S, Multiband Dipole @ 40'
Colo Front Range
ZUT!

Offline tesla

• View Profile
Re: Hexie
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 1401 UTC »
While hiking around during the day time I used to be able to hear this beacon often...it has been a number of years
since I have heard it on a portable radio...has condx changed on the bands and or has the antenna been changed..

One never knows.

Offline Teotwaki

• DXing Phenomena
  • California
    • View Profile
    • My adventures are at Sun To The North
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 0011 UTC »
Thanks for sharing the logging!  My last reception was on the afternoon of March 17 and had nothing for many weeks before that.

BTW, "Hexie" is on 4096.240 and this 6 Mhz beacon is called Hexy2k based on the list that is a sticky at the top of this sub-forum.

Jim
Jim
NRD-525, Elecraft KX3 and Elecraft PX3 Spectrum Display
76' end fed long wire & 66' off-center fed dipole for 10/20/40 meters
Orange County, SoCal, The better half

Offline cwguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 0510 UTC »
Ah - I have seen both referenced but didn't realize there were two of them.  I see that now - Thanks!  I must have meant Hexy2k...!  Per the list it had been planted a few days before it turned yr 2000 - must be the reason for the "2k".  That's a long run.
IC-7200, TS-430S, Multiband Dipole @ 40'
Colo Front Range
ZUT!