We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: MMMMM ROADKILL  (Read 7382 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: MMMMM ROADKILL
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 0136 UTC »
You missed a few sources, Josh.  Lard, buttermilk, butter and bacon grease. Lard, buttermilk, and butter went into making the biscuits they had on the side, with more butter for eating the biscuits. (Lard is the key to good biscuits.) Then they fried up a half pound or more of bacon for another side and used the grease to make the eggs. Sometimes the squirrels would be wrapped in bacon, too. Everyone lived to eighty plus and dropped dead of a stroke, just like God intended.

BTW, you didn't need any greasy kids stuff for your hair. You got a dab of fat out the cans and cut-off milk cartons they stored the excess flavored fat in and ran it through your hair. If it was good enough for Elvis, James Brown, and Jerry Lee Lewis, it was good enough for you. It was a glorious time to be alive!

Offline flexoman61

• DXing Phenomena
  • Connecticut, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 1812 UTC »
I remember reading roadkill recipes in an Easy Rider magazine back in the late 70's.

"Put roadkill wrapped in tin foil on top of your Harleys engine for so many miles.... "

It was a lengthy serious article. I suppose that would work.
Please QSL to: flexoman61@gmail.com
Connecticut
ICOM R75, Kenwood R-2000, Radio Shack PRO-2037
43m band folded dipole/VHF ground plane

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2017, 0144 UTC »
I remember reading roadkill recipes in an Easy Rider magazine back in the late 70's.

"Put roadkill wrapped in tin foil on top of your Harleys engine for so many miles.... "

It was a lengthy serious article. I suppose that would work.

You just made me think of this classic cookbook.

https://www.amazon.com/Manifold-Destiny-Guide-Cooking-Engine/dp/1416596232
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2017, 1308 UTC »
I knew a hippy couple in the 70's who used to cook pot roast on the manifold when going to out of state music fests. She was pretty down to earth, but he was nuttier than a fruitcake. He used to show up at parties dressed as "Glenda The Good Witch" on regular basis. As he was 6'8" and unstable, no one said much to him about it.

She's still around and remarried. He and his brother joined some cult and live out near Mt. Shasta waiting for the Moon Men to come pick them up. It's been over twenty years, they're still waiting. I hope he doesn't get mistaken for a Sasquatch in a dress, only to be shot by some hunter or weed grower.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2017, 1627 UTC »
I think I'm more than justified in expecting another pigmeat themed/tribute privateer radio bcast for this thread.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns