We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: CRTC 740  (Read 2532 times)

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
CRTC 740
« on: April 10, 2017, 0210 UTC »
740 AM 0130Z 4/9/17 Doris Day singing Once I had a Secret Love followed by American Patrol and others I can't identify. Nice big band music from Big Band Sunday Night. Need a big black dial Zenith or Philco console to do this right, a Buick car radio isn't optimal.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: CRTC 740
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 0503 UTC »
Maybe something like the radio in that land yacht Broderick Crawford used to tool around in on "Highway Patrol"?

I think that's their regular Sunday night programming? I heard a talk show on there one night during the week where they were discussing the N.C. Bathroom Laws. Hearing the Canadian take on it was interesting and funny. They couldn't understand what all the fuss was about as long as the person in question kept their pecker under their skirts until they got in the stall. If they were running around with it out waving it for Grandma and grandkids to see, then call the cops. Their attitude was why create an extra law, one that blew up in N.C.'s face, when indecent exposure already fit the bill?

Darn those Canadians and their pragmatism!

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 1348 UTC »
Well, all I can say is they elected Trudeau.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2017, 0043 UTC »
As many times as I saw pics of his ex-model Mother's hoo-hah getting in and out of limo's when his Dad was Premier, I'd have voted for him, too.

For the life of me I still can't figure out Pierre pulled that woman? He must have had her parents and siblings locked away in the dungeon of the fortress of Montreal.

I saw Matthew Perry a few weeks ago on Jimmy Kimmel. He went to school with the Justin Trudeau. Perry and buddy of his were about 14 and year or so ahead of Trudeau. They couldn't stand him as he was good at everything and all the girls liked him. So Perry and his buddy beat him up.

Kimmel is kind of surprised, he says, "Wait a second, his Dad was the Premier, didn't they have something like Secret Service agents watching him?" Perry replied, "This was Canada, Jimmy. We don't have stuff like that." Kimmel asks, "Have you tried to contact him since he got elected?" Perry comes back with, "Nah, I think I'm going to let that sleeping dog lie."

It's nice to know the equivalent of Junior High is the same the world over.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2017, 1545 UTC »
This is such a good movie;
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119053/

Also, it'd take a Canadian like Trudeau to come up with the brilliance of "If you kill your enemies they win".
http://canadafreepress.com/article/surrendering-to-isis-is-the-only-way-to-defeat-it

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2017, 1634 UTC »
Canada Free Press got busted for claiming Michelle Obama had a gigantic staff compared to previous First Ladies. I don't know about anyone else here on HFU, but I'm going to need a more credible source before taking that claim seriously.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 1333 UTC »
This may be in reference to the "gigantic staff" claimed by cfp;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et38_Ufv-Jw