HFU HF Underground - Shortwave Pirate Radio Forums in North America and Around The World (And other stations that go bump in the night)
    New users are welcome! Please register for an account in order to post to the board.   Posting your logging here is the best way to get a QSL from a station. April 28, 2017, 1410 UTC *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can access the HF Underground wiki here: http://www.hfunderground.com/wiki/Main_Page as well as the Radio Hobbyist technical blog

Click here for the: Pirate Radio IRC Chat Java Client

Also the EuroPirate Chat

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/HF__Underground

Home   Help Search Login Register  
     NAVTEX     
   iPhone/iPad/iPod app to decode NAVTEX marine transmissions     

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 8.439MHz USB unident??  (Read 244 times)
Looking-Glass

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2017, 0708 UTC »

Have been picking up what appears to be Greek language, on 8.439MHz USB very brief voice transmissions, always starts with "Kompanyia....".  

Have noted both male and female voices.  The frequency is very active whilst the path to EU is in during my night and into early morning.

Possibly Greek military?  Maybe Cyprus? Maybe something to do with illegal immigrants arriving by sea to Greece?

Google has provided me with 8.439MHz being used by the Dutch navy but the voices I am hearing are not Dutch.

Any help appreciated. Huh Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 0712 UTC by Looking-Glass » Logged

Mount Piddington, NSW, Australia 3,654 feet ASL (127kms west of Sydney)

Grid Square:  QF56dj.

Yaesu FT-2000D & Tecsun S-2000 to 310 feet of wire, and a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.
Looking-Glass

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 2240 UTC »

These mystery stations have been active every night/morning my time on 8.439MHz USB.  Seem to think they are Greek, any one with thoughts on this? 

Not continuous so you may have to sit there on 8.439MHz for a few minutes but you will be rewarded!

Must be heard in other parts of the globe beside Australia. Roll Eyes

Mount Piddington, NSW, Australia 3,654 feet ASL (127kms west of Sydney)

Grid Square:  QF56dj.

Yaesu FT-2000D & Tecsun S-2000 to 310 feet of wire, and a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
     Sound Byte     
   Cart Machine for the iPad - Radio Automation / DJ App     

Jump to: