We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6707 kHz USB - Asian Japanese Fishery Radio? 0738+ UTC 22 April 2017  (Read 6865 times)

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
R4002:  Very cold here this morning, they predict a possible snow fall tonight, gave the radio a good going over after the football finished;

6.707MHz nothing noted on the actual frequency at all, although weak CW was on 6.709MHz around 1030z.

6.900MHz  again, nothing noted on that, except for the Asian shortwave station "warming up" around 1030z, lowered powered Taiwanese station.

8.076MHz very lively this morning, very business like with no local chit chat or joking. Starts spot on 2100z, same lady on base as yesterday, speaks the local language very fluently.  As usual she kicked things off with the "Reading for today" a quote from the bible. She had traffic on hand for A-575, A-573 and A-547.  The latter checked in, just readable, A-547 male operator and judging by the accented English was a PNG local, they reverted to local language when traffic passed.  They are using two frequencies but I missed what she said..."Are you hearing me on....? Getting you better on 8.076." Also thought I heard the word "Diocese" mentioned which would indicate Catholic church network.

So no luck with the other frequencies at all.  Also noted that 8.439MHz USB quiet last two nights, normally activity there, "Kompanyeea" precedes the calls, probably Greek or Cypriot military. Brief chat then gone.

Likewise 8.047MHz USB gone quiet with aero traffic, I seem to think it was Indonesian military with a special operation frequency.  Traffic was in English but heavy Indonesian accent.

Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
The search continues.  So 6900 AM is a regional (Taiwanese) frequency?  Because the Spanish speaking stations on 6900 LSB are an almost daily thing.  Its possible that you're just not in a good spot for them - as they're regional as well.

I wonder if 6707 USB was some sort of a fluke.  But keep listening and I will too :D
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m