We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Marin Ditter and Daytime beacons  (Read 1522 times)

Offline mark-n-nut

• View Profile
Marin Ditter and Daytime beacons
« on: May 03, 2017, 2124 UTC »
I am hearing the Marin Ditter again this afternoon on ~8193.5 +/-.  I usually hear it during my mid-afternoon around 2100 utc.  Have not heard the one just above it at around 8193.8 for a long time.  It was a dasher that shifted freq making it look like a backward J on the Argo screen.  Spring is usually the best time of the year for me to hear these.

The 6626 Rocky, Rainy and the mystery ditter all do well in the late morning here and late afternoon before sunset.  They seem to start out a little low in freq and then move up after a couple of hours.  Rocky and Rainy have gotten strong enough to actually move the S meter on the R-75.

6700.4 Hexy2K  dasher is also an afternoon beacon for me and its quite regular as well. 

After seeing Jim's post, in March I think, about the Ditter on 5824.4 l started looking for it and when I hear it is usually in the morning.  I had forgot about this one.

That's the only 6, 7, or 8 Mhz beacons I have been hearing here recently.

73, Mark
R-75
Wellbrook 1530 Loop
Dipoles
QTH - Northern UT (NUT)
DN41af

Offline mark-n-nut

• View Profile
Re: Marin Ditter and Daytime beacons
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 1410 UTC »
I forgot about the Dit on 7000.7.  Its still there!

Mark
R-75
Wellbrook 1530 Loop
Dipoles
QTH - Northern UT (NUT)
DN41af