We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 6905 kHz LSB Spanish Speaking Freebander Net 0050 UTC 2 May 2017  (Read 1535 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
6905 kHz LSB - 6.905 MHz LSB Spanish speakers freebander net alternate frequency for primary 6900 LSB frequency.

Two OMs chatting on 6905 LSB at 0050 UTC (tuned in at 0048 UTC).  Mention of Dominican Republic, California, United States (in general) and Mexico.  Similar traffic to QSOs heard on 6900 LSB, 6895 LSB, 6910 LSB and other nearby frequencies, usually +/- 5 kHz steps.  Very similar to 11 meter freeband traffic, previous analysis of traffic on these frequencies indicates at least a casual connection to 11 meter freeband operators.  Casual chatter about Mexicans and Americans.  One station is a solid S9 the other is a S5-S6, both very good signals.  Louder station has very hot audio with some background noise.  0052 UTC - chat about people migrating to the United States for work.  Mention of Virginia at 0052-0053 UTC.  Mention of the President of the United States at 0053 UTC as well.  Political discussion (have heard similar traffic on 6900 LSB previously).  Always interesting to hear the "other side" talk about American political discourse...anyway...

QSO still going strong with traffic popping up on 6900 LSB, 6910 LSB and other frequencies, indicating a busy band this evening.  Storm static has subsided over the past hour or so (which is good). 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 0054 UTC by R4002 »
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
I heard this one while checking for pirates. I didn't linger, but did note that the OM talking was speaking relatively deliberately, which made me think of our earlier conversation about these possibly being hams out of band. Strong signal - I was using my PL-600 with its whip.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Tuned back at 0115 UTC.  Heard a mention of California.  Signals still very strong, MDK2, you're right about the stations speaking "deliberately".  6900 kHz LSB active at the same time as 6905 kHz LSB.  Sporadic activity on 6910 kHz LSB as well.  Possibility that some of these stations are moving back and forth between these two (three?) frequencies. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
0050 UTC - Two OM conversing back and forth in Spanish.  Signals are very strong one is S9+10 and the other is S9+20 ! I have never heard the freebanders this loud before in WNY.
0105 UTC - They just ended.
0142 UTC - Freebanders are back, interfering with the pirate radio stations. One guy is S9 the other S7.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 0144 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
I've noticed that even when a pirate broadcaster is on the same frequency as the freebanders (or a nearby frequency, for example 6900 kHz AM vs. 6905 kHz LSB), the freebanders just keep on talking. Sometimes they're really really loud.  Previous monitoring has indicated that at least some of them are running 100 watt ham rigs with directional antennas (specific mentions of beam/Yagi antennas and Yaesu/Alinco ham radios).