We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 10570 kHz USB UNID Asian / Pacific Rim Language 2110 UTC 7 May 2017  (Read 1863 times)

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
2110 UTC - On going conversation between stations, not sure what language, sounds Asian / Pacific Rim . Low noise, signal S5 in WNY.
2136 UTC - Also hearing same on 10491.8 kHz but signals are S3-S5.  
2143 UTC - Less frequent communication btw stations but still hearing something.
2327 UTC - Checked back and still hearing OM talking on both frequencies.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 2329 UTC by Traveling Wave »
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
The times you mention and the frequency choice match up with the languages. 

Hopefully Looking-Glass and/or another one of the stations that listens to traffic from that part of the world can chime in on this (and on 10491.8 kHz).  I checked both frequencies around 0400-0415 UTC (8 May 2017) and heard nothing, as to be expected for receivers located on the US East Coast.
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline Traveling Wave

• DX Legend
  • Western N.Y.
  • Nobody told me there'd be days like these
    • View Profile
    • Email
0356 UTC - 10570 kHz, May 15,2017, signal is S5-S7 into WNY. Asian language, I can only hear one station talking.
Radio :TS480 with RTL-SDR pan-adapter, HDSDR software, Omni-Rig Control, Zenith T/O R600,T600
Antenna: 40m dipole, 20-17-15 meter fan dipole. One of N. Tesla's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Knowledge is a deadly friend when no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see is in the hands of fools - from Epitaph by King Crimson
eQSL appreciated KC2ZYL@gmail.com

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns