We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Solar Minimum  (Read 6539 times)

Offline RST111

• 30 miles east of Seattle, WA
    • View Profile
Re: Solar Minimum
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 0845 UTC »
I wonder if sales of export radios and modified CB equipment will slow down with the solar minimum.

Don't know about that, but I suspect the sale of 8 pill and higher linear amps will go up.  ;D
Pls qsl to rst111@protonmail.com ty!

QTH: 30mi East of Seattle

IC-R75, Afedri SDR, Airspy Discovery, Stridsberg HF Multicoupler, MFJ-1020C, Palomar CMNF-6, 40m dipole @ 100' AGL

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2017, 1132 UTC »
Ugh!  I thought we were already *at* the darn solar minimum...  :( 

Oh no, things will get much worse  ;D
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2017, 2346 UTC »
*eyes the news* Re: that revolting Sound Garden song...  I should not have said a word, should I?  Didn't know anything had happened to the lead singer at the time I posted, but I still feel like something of a heel now. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 0122 UTC »
*eyes the news* Re: that revolting Sound Garden song...  I should not have said a word, should I?  Didn't know anything had happened to the lead singer at the time I posted, but I still feel like something of a heel now. 

I'm a fan but I perceived no insensitivity in your remark. I figured you hadn't heard the news when you posted. I don't think it had broken yet. I only heard this morning myself.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 0257 UTC »
People are dying today that never died before. Like poor old Roger Ailes. I heard Satan and Franco were waiting for him at the gates of Hell. They figure if he could get Nixon elected in 1968, it would be a cinch for him to get them out of their predicaments.

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 0456 UTC »
Cheers, MDK2. 

Pigmeat, I should not have laughed at that last... but oh brother, did I! 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 1939 UTC »
When you make dead guy jokes you've got to consider the reputation of the man along with the timing, Chanter. Posting a joke about Ailes going to Hell and using his skills to help Satan and Franco wouldn't have the same punch if I'd waited until he was in the ground.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 2028 UTC »
I give all you folks permission to laugh your buttocks off when I kick off :-)

And the jokes... anything goes unless it messes with the HFU policy...  off line everything goes :-)

I believe in eternal life...  And if the theories hold up that you can't destroy energy... Well I'll go tap dancing on a lot of graves...  Prepare for a tap tap tap to all in a box below the ground.

As for my dead husk...  I, like George Carlin, want to be blown up... not in a box, or burned, toss a few holy handy-grrr-naids me... Get drunk and have a BBQ and smoke some pan...  errrr... pot?

man.... where the hell is my medication...  suddenly feeling dizzy...   arg.... <<<<thud>>>>

bbl
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline BoomboxDX

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2017, 1522 UTC »

You have never struck me as someone who would be insensitive like that. Like MDK2 I figured you hadn't heard the news yet.

No offense taken here, and I'm a Soundgarden fan.

Chris Cornell, RIP....
An AM radio Boombox DXer.
+ GE SRIII, PR-D5 & TRF on MW.
The usual Realistic culprits on SW (and a Panasonic).

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns