We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID 1690 AM 6 Jan 2017 UTC 0205  (Read 3120 times)

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
UNID 1690 AM 6 Jan 2017 UTC 0205
« on: January 07, 2017, 0207 UTC »
0205Z 45534 S9+ 20 kHz bandwidth. KFI ID's, weather forecast. Clearly a relay of KFI.

AFE822x SDR with Bonito Boni-Whip and Wellbrook ALA100LN loop
Minneapolis, MN

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: UNID 1690 AM 6 Jan 2017 UTC 0205
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 0729 UTC »
Sounds like you've got a tri-yard blaster in your neighborhood, Skeezix. You haven't had anyone move into the neighborhood with a blonde wife that's way too pretty for him and van that says "Dale's Dead Bug" on the side have you?

(I couldn't resist, Dale's pirate radio station is probably one of my favorite "King of The Hill" episodes. "All Dale Gribble, All The Time!")

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 1556 UTC »
HANK: What is that chinging noise?
DALE: One of those stealth helicopters with computerized noise-cancellation capability. They're still working the chings out.
BILL: How'd you know about the stealth helicopters?
DALE: alt.conspiracy.black.helicopters.
BOOMHAUER: Yeah man, I tell you what, man. That dang ol' Internet, man. You just go on there and point and click. Talk about W-W-dot-W-com. An' lotsa nekkid chicks on there, man. Click. Click. Click. Click. Click. It's real easy, man.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 0214 UTC »
I suspect that the KFI relay from this weekend and the previous relays of the "True Oldies Station" are the same one. No proof, however, just casual observation.

While I don't mind the local 1690, do wish they would stick to daytime only so as not to block CHTO from Toronto. I like Greek music.

Minneapolis, MN

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 0216 UTC »
alt.conspiracy... that's great.

Too bad that USENET can't be broadcast via pirate radio. Doesn't have to be a digital transmission, someone ripping a page off the Teletype and reading it on air.
Minneapolis, MN