We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Russian E07a "English Man" number station at 9133 kHz (long message)  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Strange Beacons

• Naples, Florida USA
    • View Profile
    • Strange Beacons Website
Russian E07a "English Man" number station at 9133 kHz (long message). As with other Russian spy stations that I've logged and recorded lately, this broadcast was preceded by the transmission of a strong signal on frequency a few minutes prior to the actual numbers broadcast. I suspect that this is being done as an attempt to control the frequency and keep other signals off. Quite clever, actually.

Video recording HERE.

Offline Looking-Glass

• DX Legend
  • Condobolin, NSW, Australia
  • "Old fashioned DXer, no offshore computer rxing!"
    • View Profile
Great recording and good catch, far too early for me here at 0449z as only 1449 hours local this way so no path to that region on 9MHz.  :'(
Condobolin, NSW.

Grid Square:  QF37ub

Yaesu FT-1000D, Yaesu FT-2000D, ICOM IC-736 HF/50MHz, ICOM IC R75 & Tecsun S-2000 to 450 feet of wire, 27MHz 1/2 wave CB antenna converted to 21MHz & a multi band vertical of dubious reliability.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns