We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Unknown Name/Clever Name/Not a Clever Name Radio stations, WTF  (Read 5448 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Name/Clever Name/Not a Clever Name Radio stations, WTF
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 0104 UTC »
Break it up! Do you really want me to line your yards with electric cattle fence? With the RF noise that stuff makes you won't be able to make out the loudest howls of Brother Stair, not even on Radio Free Weinerville or WRMI!

Think about it. Do you really want to miss out on "Cooking With Fansome" on WBCQ?

Karma? Do you mean that Rosenberg girl that makes dirty movies or what happened to that Murphy fella from Smith Mountain and his midget? I'll take Ms. Rosenberg, something about ol' Jerry Mike Pat Graves-Murphy smells, and it's not his feet. He needs to quit hanging out in that hutch with that drunken dwarf and come out to play with the other bunnies.

Where is that tight lipped tuna hoarder, Fansome? I've got tin to pick with him. Oh well, he's probably distracted by the First Lady's cans.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 0120 UTC »
We're just having a little fun here, Pigmeat.  At least I think so, and hope so...  and anybody could walk in here and  use a common word without realizing exactly what they stepped in.  Hopefully that isn't their 'karma'.

That 'Seven Trees Radio' thing rather inspired me (thank you, Unknown Name!)--- I went right outside and roped one of the remaining trees to get a decent receiving antenna up again.  I've been using the half-assed remains of what the first pine tree took down, at a low height, wrong length and too close to the house, and it has kind of sucked-- even worse as it was still using the 300-ohm intended for transmitting as the feedline.  Think I'll use coax this time, hopefully help my noise situation.

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 0145 UTC »
Ah-ha! I thought you and the Bunny Boys were back at it?

I nearly pulled a large red oak down on myself setting up for a tx in a creek bottom about a week after the water receded from a big flood. I didn't think the ground would still be that saturated after a week of warm dry weather? Ha! That tree started to shift when I start to haul the antenna line back over the branch. It was over nine feet in circumference, five feet above the ground. I chose it because of all the tilted trees in that bottom it was the one still looking solid.

I cut the haul line and went up on the hillside. "Man pulls huge oak over on self." isn't how I want my death to be described on the news.

Get back to it. I've got to call Karma. 

Unknown Name

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 1504 UTC »
I've gotta Launder My Karma...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2BNpK01eww
Crystal Ship Sank?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v3CzvQ9e_w
If you have Seven Trees, you can make a loop antenna.
If four fell down, you could make a delta loop.  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG11sJoXqsE
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 1518 UTC by Unknown Name »