We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Al, about this "sashimi grade" stuff.  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Al, about this "sashimi grade" stuff.
« on: June 17, 2017, 0414 UTC »
Is that kindergarten tuna or the 12th grade tuna? Thanks in advance!

Fansome

Re: Al, about this "sashimi grade" stuff.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 0525 UTC »
I think you'd better stick with the "Preschool grade". It's likely the most advanced that you can handle. You're welcome.

Is that kindergarten tuna or the 12th grade tuna? Thanks in advance!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 0553 UTC »
You're so cute when you're mad, Fanny.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 1433 UTC »
Surely there's predigested, low sodium tuna for the geriatrics?
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 1901 UTC »
Well Al's older than dirt, which makes him geriatric by any definition. Therefore, the sashimi grade of tuna that Al eats, is the geriatric version.

Some of the richest tuna fishing grounds in the world are off the Galapagos Islands. It's also the furthest north penguins are found in large colonies. Both are due to the cold waters of the Humboldt Current which peter out in the region of the Galapagos. Fishermen in the Galapagos are said to have been using trained penguins for generations to dive into vast schools of tuna, clamping down the fish, and swimming back to the boat where the birds regurgitate their catch to their owners, as they do with their chicks in the wild. The bird then goes back in water and after more tuna.

In the late 60's with mercury becoming more prevalent in tuna caught in the waters off Japan, the Japanese fishing interests had to look for other sources for the booming sushi trade, which demanded a high grade product. They headed to the Galapagos. After some conflict with Ecuadoran authorities the Japanese agreed to buy all of their tuna from the Ecuadorans themselves. The Ecuadorans kept their traditional Galapagos tuna fishery safe, and found a huge market in Japan for their high quality tuna with it's very distinctive taste, texture, and smell.

My guess is, and this only a guess, that sashimi, which is considered very high quality, would have to meet the Japanese standards to meet the demands of foodies here who demand authenticity. That means it very likely goes straight from the penguins gullet and into your stores.

I hope Al doesn't see this before he's had a chance to take his afternoon meds. If he starts yelling, "Soylent Green is people!", give me a heads up? It's the Fansomian distress cry. I'll send Dr. Zaius over with the wagon to pick him up.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 1425 UTC »
Poor Al. I've found out that sashimi grade tuna is full of parasites and toxins. No doubt that what causes his episodes of brain bubbles are the larvae that reside between his ears and his odor caused by different types of worms that live in his gut, all fighting over very limited resources.

If you're going to look for sashimi grade tuna look for the little penguin sticker. The pre-digestive juices in the penguins gullet kill the parasites in the fish. Remember when eating any raw fish the rule is straight off the boat, refrigerated, and most importantly, penguin caught.

Will I get a word of thanks from the old ingrate over this lifesaving information? I doubt it. You pull a guy's sushi out of the fire for decades and they come to expect it. I've ruined him with kindness and coddling.

Unknown Name

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 2103 UTC »
Don't eat Sushi, aka Bait.

Offline outhouse radio

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 0301 UTC »
Pigmeat you should be a little nicer to your brother Al you know he is afraid of penguins what makes you think he likes fish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKVj4l5GU4

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2017, 1304 UTC »
Where have you been, Outhouse? Your studio is still out behind the barn. I limed it in April to keep the smell down. As for Al's love of fish it's in his "Spicy Tuna Salad" post on the food section. When it comes to Al being little, I just penned a song to him. It's basically to the tune of Otis Redding and The Pinetoppers, "Fat Girl". The first line goes like this; "I've got a pal, six feet four, runs around the house bustin' out the doors, Fat Al....Oh-oh, Fat Al..."

Don't eat Sushi, aka Bait.
Hank Hill couldn't have said it better, U.N.  Now that the catfish are off the nest, I may try some of that convenience store sushi on them in the shallow flats after dark? It ought to work well if a fella leaves in a covered bucket in the hot sun to ripen up a few days. The stuff comes pre-wrapped in seaweed, so it should stay on the hook with no trouble. I think the big flatheads will love it.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 1543 UTC by Pigmeat »

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns