We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: I saw where the guy who played "Flounder" in "Animal House" died.  (Read 3335 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Steven Furst probably depicted the young Al Fansome in that film better than anyone before or since. RIP Steven.

The theme song was originally "Fleming House" but they changed it for the movie, some sort of copyright issue. It originally went "Fleming House, bah, bah, bah, bah, Fleming House, bah, bah, bah, bah..." The "bahs" are from the ewes kept at Fleming for the residents pleasure. You see one fleeing Delta House when Flounder and Larry first walk up to the place. That's called "cinema verite" by the French, or Cheese Eating Surrender Monkeys, whichever you prefer.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
"Can we dance wif yo dates?"

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl harbor?!?"

sorry wrong movie
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Nah, Al is always going on about a guy who told him the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor. It was one the same guys who tried to get him to shoot a horse in the Dean's office.

It was a shame about that horse. Ed Jr. was the brightest thing on that campus.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Fansome

As my dad used to tell me, "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son".

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
As my dad used to tell me, "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son".

And yet there you went.

Fansome

It IS a way to go through life. It's worked for me.

;

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I hear it can cause brain bubbles. You haven't noticed any have you?

Online Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • 2 of our 4 food groups in Durham CT - Play ball!
    • View Profile
    • Email

The college depicted in the movie/story is Dartmouth.  My youngest had the honor of graduating from there a decade ago and he informed me this Spring that "Animal House" itself has passed.  I guess that is what happens after double, secret probation.

http://www.unionleader.com/courts/toga-partys-over-for-dartmouth-fraternity-that-inspired-animal-house-20170411
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
If only Al's brother Fred would have loaned them his car. They'd have shown Dartmouth and the city of Hanover!

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
Re: I saw where the guy who played "Flounder" in "Animal House" died.
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 0638 UTC »
He's not really dead-- he's just on "triple-secret probation"!

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums