We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Kuwait not broadcasting June 24? On 1830z  (Read 634 times)

Offline Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radio Kuwait not broadcasting June 24? On 1830z
« on: June 24, 2017, 1813 UTC »
Radio Kuwait has been an easy get on 15540 since returning to shortwave, even at my workplace in a quasi-industrial area with limited window space for reception.  I have not been able to receive them at 1800z (on until 2100z) today but was wondering if that had to do with the Eid El-Fitr Holiday (end of Ramadan)?  However, the Sultanate of Oman is coming in, in Arabic, on 15140 am so they are not observing the holiday.   Anyone else having trouble receiving Kuwait?

1829z On air...music to news.  Announced tomorrow will be first day of Eid.  Should be an interesting listen on June 25. (Holidays are determined by moon sighting committees, respected elders go into the desert and determine by the moon when the holiday will be. A son who earns his daily bread by working in Abu Dhabi was told to extend his vacation in the States through this weekend as the holiday would be declared sometime this weekend.) http://www.thenational.ae/uae/eid-al-fitr-to-start-on-sunday-in-uae-moon-sighting-committee-confirms
1922z "I Want Your Love" Lady Gaga
1931z "We Don't Need Another Hero" Tina Turner
1935z Radio Kuwait in conjunction with Radio Bahrain present cooking show for Ramadan
1950z ID, email-snail mail-fax for reception reports
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 1952 UTC by Ct Yankee »
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)