We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: A certain old dx'er chided me a while back with, "When was the last time...  (Read 4436 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
YOU logged a pirate?" via email. Well it's been a while, and it's going to be a damned sight longer if they don't quit playing a Mungo Jerry song that was Gawd-awful when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth and Archie's tunes! Jesus Palamino!

Some fellas should stick to croquet and keep their opinions to themselves.

Fansome

Why can't we all just get along?

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Seen any mutant werepencats?

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Seriously.
Archies?
RATM?
Eminenema?

What has piracy become.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Unknown Name

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
YOU logged a pirate?" via email. Well it's been a while, and it's going to be a damned sight longer if they don't quit playing a Mungo Jerry song that was Gawd-awful when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth and Archie's tunes! Jesus Palamino!

Some fellas should stick to croquet and keep their opinions to themselves.
Well said.
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
See? Sometimes all it takes is a crazed rant to get the disorder in order. I even saw Zamfir on a playlist. You're not going to hear that just anywhere.

Fansome

I'm waiting to hear Pia Zadora on the pirate frequencies. After she won an Oscar for "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians", I've felt that she's a premier talent, and deserves a lot more airplay.

See? Sometimes all it takes is a crazed rant to get the disorder in order. I even saw Zamfir on a playlist. You're not going to hear that just anywhere.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
I'm waiting to hear Pia Zadora on the pirate frequencies. After she won an Oscar for "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians", I've felt that she's a premier talent, and deserves a lot more airplay.

Some of these folks may need a refresher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSacdwtis4A
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
Don't f00k with my Archies!  Some of us like to re-live our single-digit years...

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums