We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 9830Khz - AM Happening Right Now  (Read 2102 times)

Offline Shortwave_America

• View Profile
    • Email
9830Khz - AM Happening Right Now
« on: September 25, 2010, 2218 UTC »
2213 UTC: 9830Khz, there's a broadcast happening right now as I type and it's just being swamped by a digital transmission. Jamming maybe? I DID hear a quick mention of Ahmadinejad by the broadcaster before the digital signal picked up really good.

I've listened on FSK mode, USB and LSB just to experiment a bit and see just where dead center is for this digital stuff.

USB, FSK,  and AM is where the signal is the strongest. You can tell there's someone talking under teh digital traffic but can't make anything out. It's not got a strong signal from either station, but the digital is loudest!

Offline outhouse radio

• View Profile
Re: 9830Khz - AM Happening Right Now
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 2229 UTC »
sounds like high speed cw

Offline SW-J

• Dallas, Texas
    • View Profile
Re: 9830Khz - AM Happening Right Now
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 0343 UTC »
2213 UTC: 9830Khz, there's a broadcast happening right now as I type and it's just being swamped by a digital transmission. Jamming maybe? I DID hear a quick mention of Ahmadinejad by the broadcaster before the digital signal picked up really good.

I've listened on FSK mode, USB and LSB just to experiment a bit and see just where dead center is for this digital stuff.

USB, FSK,  and AM is where the signal is the strongest. You can tell there's someone talking under teh digital traffic but can't make anything out. It's not got a strong signal from either station, but the digital is loudest!

What IF bandwidths do you have access to - er, what does your radio offer for IF BWs?

o Icom IC-756ProII, ProIII, Alinco DX-70, Kenwood TS-680s
o WinRadio G303e, Degen/Kaito 1103/DE1103, Stoddart NM-25
o 1/2 wave 80m Dipole used with several tuners
o Tuned loops from 2' thru 16' diam. capable of 160m thru 10m