We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Astronomical event prediction based on social observation  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Davep

• DXing Phenomena
  • Va Beach Va
    • View Profile
 Oh ! Look ! 
Some people will suffer retinal damage tommorrow
Va Beach Virginia
Modified Dx 394 audio Altec Lansing ACS43
Folded dipole

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
Re: Astronomical event prediction based on social observation
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 1654 UTC »
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 1721 UTC by Josh »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 2154 UTC »
Josh, you do know that Sputnik News is a propaganda outlet of the Russian govt., don't you?

You're getting worse than Al when he had that "Weekly World News" subscription. I was never so glad to see a tabloid go out of business than I was the demise of the WWN. He spent an entire summer back in the 80's going on about talking bears and trying to sell people something called the "Amazing Bigfoot Diet."

I ain't buyin' nothin' Putin is pushin'. Bigfoot's included or not!

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 0240 UTC »
Don't ask me how I know this MDK, but that's the best headlines from a single edition of the WWN circa '83/'84. The boys added music, along with that snazzy chorus and the rest is history. Another super smash hit from the Lennon and McCartney of the 80's.

If the youth of today would only follow Mojo's sterling example of polite self-expression and Skid's style in dress and facial hair, this country would be a much better place to live in.

Fansome

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 0424 UTC »
Just remember: an eclipse happens when the sun moves between the earth and the moon. The reflected radiation from the moon is out of phase with the sun, and cancels out most of the sun's radiation. However, not all is canceled, hence the danger of eye injury from the remnant that gets through. Hence, don't look!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 0442 UTC »
Have you decided on which box you'll be observing with tomorrow, Al? Check the wind speed before you go up on the roof. You've got to know it to get the approx. wind load. Wind load is crucial when you're on the roof with a box on your head.

Fansome

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 0535 UTC »
I have a lot of experience with looking at incandescent celestial bodies; I have been watching Belinda for decades. I will be ok, but the sun might suffer from its presumption.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2017, 1705 UTC »
Josh, you do know that Sputnik News is a propaganda outlet of the Russian govt., don't you?

You're getting worse than Al when he had that "Weekly World News" subscription. I was never so glad to see a tabloid go out of business than I was the demise of the WWN. He spent an entire summer back in the 80's going on about talking bears and trying to sell people something called the "Amazing Bigfoot Diet."

I ain't buyin' nothin' Putin is pushin'. Bigfoot's included or not!

When I see anything on fake news outlets such as cnn, msnbc, cbs, I always verify the story via sputnik. If sputnik says it's legit it's legit, droog moy.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.