We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID Spanish Language 6666.6 kHz USB 1345 UTC 22 August 2017  (Read 1012 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
UNID Spanish speakers unidentified unknown pirate bootleg freebanders 6666.6 kHz 6666.6 USB Spanish voices, 6 MHz band, 6-7 MHz band, 4-10 MHz, 6.666 MHz, 6.6666 MHz, assuming the operator's radio display looks something like

6.666.6 USB

Reminds me of these "Echo Charlie" pirates I remember reading about years ago

Another easy-to-remember, or "cute" frequency, 6666.6 kHz - noted that Traveling Wave made a log a few days ago of Portuguese language traffic on this same frequency:  https://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,36791.0.html

Strong Spanish language traffic coming through on 6666.6 kHz USB, with wide variations in signal strength (not sure if this is due to band conditions or the operating conditions of the stations in question).  I do know that the 6.6 MHz band is home to lots of European pirate stations known as or formerly known as "Echo Charlie" or "EC" stations (not sure where that "designation" comes from).  These guys couldn't have picked a worse area to pirate though, since they're operating in the middle of the aero HF aircraft band.  Hearing "positivo" over and over again, as well as lots of informal phrases amounting to "what's up!?" and other light chatter.  
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 1419 UTC by R4002 »
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m