We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID Italian Language 6805 kHz LSB 2200 UTC 29 August 2017  (Read 680 times)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
UNID presumed Italian language
6805 kHz 6.805 MHz
Mode: LSB

Hearing active Italian language chatter on 6805 kHz LSB, complete with saying "over" (in English) at the end of each transmission.  Two stations talking, each station talking for several minutes at a time.  Not sure what to make of that, but the fact that they're saying "over" at the end of each transmission...I have a hunch this may be some sort of military net, possibly a SIGINT training exercise net.  That, or very well disciplined pirates, pescadores, fishermen, fishing fleets, bootleggers, freebanders, etc.  Since I have zero grasp of the Italian language (save for several references to "meters", I have no idea what these guys are talking about). 

Seems to be pretty informal though...but at the same time, it seems like the stronger of the two station (which seems to be doing 90% of the talking) is reading off something. 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m